Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Easy Breezy / Bella Blvd

Hey there, friends!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for the Bella Blvd Creative team.  This week, the CT is providing lots of Summer inspiration.  Summer is my favorite season to scrap, so I was excited to create my layout.  My photos are of me and my husband having a very windy dinner on the beach in Aruba last year.  I'm amazed that we got any photos without my hair flying everywhere!  I finally gave in and just embraced the breeze and took some funny and memorable photos :)  I wanted to recreate the tropical feel of the island, so I used this hibiscus and leaf cut file from Paper Issues.  I used papers from the Secrets of the Sea Girl and Boy collection for them, and I used Shanna's Favorite Illustrated Faith Watercolors on the background.


I used white gesso on my background paper is from the Secrets of the Sea Boy line, and it was perfect for adding all these bright colors.  I used some plastic packaging with the watercolors to create some fun artsy splotches of color that would show through and around the flowers.  I love the dimension of the flowers.  I added in a few palm tree Fundamental Stickers from Illustrated Faith Delight in His Day.  I couldn't resist adding that adorable flamingo from the IF Basics Paper Pieces pack.


Layering die cuts is a great way to create depth and dimension on your layout.  I also used the watercolors on the flowers to create the illusion of some darker shades.  I machine stitched through the centers of each leaf for some added interest and texture.  That "I Can't Even" sticker is from the Secrets of the Sea Girl line Fundamentals Sticker sheet...that's what I was feeling when my hair wouldn't stop blowing everywhere!


Isn't that flamingo just gorgeous?  It's the perfect embellishment for a Summer page.  I added in a few colors of tangled thread  here and there and a few stickers from the IF Delight in His Day Fundamentals Stickers.


I think these colors are so pretty together.  I made sure the watercolor was a different color than the flower on top of it.  This allows them to really stand out.  Right above the top photo, I added in a Designer Clip and some more thread.


Finally, I added my title.  I used some Tiny Text Alphas and mixed and matched colors & fonts.  I used the grid pattern of the background paper to write my journaling.


I hope this inspires you to mix and match your collections to come up with something fun and bright!  Don't be afraid to jazz up your background with some paints or spray mists...a little bit of that can really change up the look of your layout.  Plus it's a lot of fun!

I do have a video, so check it out if you'd like:


Thanks so much for stopping  by!  Have a fantastic day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment