Monday, June 26, 2017

Island Vibes / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Monday, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I created a bright and layout focusing on Summer, which is my favorite!  I used the beautiful Hello Sunshine collection.  This photo is of me and my husband last year in Aruba, so I wanted to create a sunny and tropical vibe.  I started with my title, actually.  I knew I wanted to the word "island" as part of the title, so I created it in my Silhouette software using the Bromello font.  I welded it and cut it on white cardstock.  I used some watercolors to paint it blue to match the collection.

I tore and cut part of the sun ray paper to use as a background layer. I love creating some sort of sun on my Summer pages, but I didn't want this one to take up the whole page.  I added some yellow/gold and blue watercolors to my background paper after covering a lot of it with white gesso.  I embellished with lots of goodies...die cuts, dimensional flowers, woodies, cardstock stickers and puffy stickers.


I love how this turned out.  The dimension on this is so great...the watercolor made the paper curl up  on the edges.  Here you can see the background and lots of embellishments.  I was excited to use that colorful circle "Summer" die cut piece under the title.  I added some foam under it.  I added in a pretty floral die cut to the left of the photo as well as a bright blue flower and some puffy stickers.


Here's a better look at that cluster.  I love how it turned out.


I used another dimensional flower here as well as a die cut flower and a fussy cut flower.  I added some thread as a final touch.


Here are a few die cuts I added in.  The blue piece is a frame, and I like the touch of blue it gives.  I threw in another puffy sticker because they're just so cute :)


I added one more flower here as well as a few fussy cut ones.  The CVS woodies are so cute!  I love the touch of neutral wood around the edges.  I also did some machine stitching with metallic gold thread on all the sun's rays.


I hand cut "VIBES" from a few of the patterned papers here to finish off my title.  I smudged a little gesso over some of the letters so I could rub in a little blue gelato.  I did a few lines of journaling and added the date.


I really love how this came out!  I hope it has inspired you in some way.  I do have a process video if you'd like to see how I created this.


Thanks so much for stopping in!  Have a wonderful day, friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment