Saturday, June 24, 2017

She's a Dreamer / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey friends!  Happy Weekend...woo hoo!  I have a new layout to share for the Shimmerz Education Team.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to create for my project, so I picked up a Jane Davenport patterned paper pad and was instantly inspired by all the gorgeous colors and abstract designs.  I decided to create a messy and artsy background using lots of Shimmerz goodies and some circles punched from paper.

I started with a white cardstock background.  After punching all the circles and seeing what colors I had to work with, I selected several Shimmerz products to create my background.  I used Coloringz Pink Stilettos and No Yoking with some plastic packaging and smushed the color down.  Then I directly sprayed some Vibez Jeni B Bleu onto the page.  I love how it sort of turned into a color blocking design.  To add in more shades of pink, I used a palette knife and some Paste-eez Raspberry Sherbet on top of the base pink.  I also sprayed some Vibez Cold As Ice and Coloringz Heidi Ho Blue for some blue variation.


I really love how bright and colorful this turned out!  I randomly adhered the circles after the background dried and then pulled some Bella Blvd puffy stickers and some sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.  I also added some coordinating threads under my photo.  I even attached some circles on to of the photo since I had some open space.


I love the tone-on-tone colors here with the background and the circles.  I added lots of matching splatters after the circles were down.  For my title, I combined some older American Crafts white alphas with a fussy cut word from a Dear Lizzy paper (the Lovely Day collection).  I added some journaling under the title using an Illustrated Faith pen.


I did try and add in this deep reddish-pink color mixing some AcriTonez together (Pinkadelic, Roses Are Red & 3 Sheets to the Wind) and smudging it through a circle stencil.  It didn't turn out like I hoped, but I added some water and dabbed it with a paper towel and it turned out okay.  I love that deep color, and it matched the circles & stickers perfectly!


I did do a bit of machine stitching here.  I used a few strips of the Jane Davenport washi tape down here at the bottom and added a Bella Blvd sticker.


I also embellished with some older Simple Stories stickers.  I think this blue may be my favorite color!


I hope this inspires you to be inspired by your papers or embellishments.  Try creating a layout "from scratch" and build your own background.  Shimmerz are perfect for that, and there are so many colors to choose from!

Here's my process video if you'd like to see how I created this.



Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Supplies Used:
Coloringz--Pink Stilettos, No Yoking, Heidi Ho Blue, Night Moves
Vibez--Jeni B Bleu, Cold as Ice
Paste-eez--Raspberry Sherbet
AcriTonez--Pinkadelic, Roses Are Red, 3 Sheets to the Wind


1 comment: