Saturday, June 17, 2017

Dreaming of Joy / Hip Kit Club

Hello again!  I'm back today to share another layout I created for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2017 May Hip Kits.  My theme for this day was to "Create a Scene."  The layout sort of took on a life of its own because I just kept thinking of flowers :)  I used all the colors of cardstock in the Cardstock Kit to create the flowers, which are from a Hip Kit exclusive cut file.

Before peeling them off the cutting mat, I smudged some white gesso over parts of them.  I used the Prima Watercolor Confections from the Color Kit to give them some shades of pinks, oranges and yellows.  I used this beautiful mint and white patterned paper from Crate Paper Maggie Holmes as my background, and I added some white gesso to that. I used the Prima Watercolors again on the background, and I added lots of an aqua turquoise mix.  Since I had no flowers that color, I wanted to add it to the background.  I love the contrast and all the bright colors!  I went light on the embellishing so the flowers and photos could shine.


I could stare at these colors all day long :)  I added in more pops of black here with some ink splatters, that cute Crate Paper chipboard bird and a few Crate Paper buttons.  I added black buttons in the centers of the largest flowers along with some blue thread.  I added some of the Echo Park Enamel Dots to the centers of the smaller ones.


I went simple with my title, which I've been doing a lot lately.  I wanted to use items from the kit instead of coming up with my own title, so I pulled "JOY" from the black foam Thickers sheet.  I love how all these flowers look layered together like this.  And the black really stands out here.


I didn't add any foam under my photo this time.  I felt like the flowers already had so much dimension going on that it really didn't need any more.  I did add some tissue paper under there, though, for a subtle border.


I used this awesome "dreaming of" puffy sticker here...that's from the Hip Kit exclusive stickers this month.


I kind of get obsessed with close-up shots and probably take too many, but I just couldn't help myself with all these gorgeous flowers :)


I did add a bit of journaling to the left side, and I wrote it around the flowers down there.


I really love how this turned out, and I hope it gives you some fun ideas to try with colored cardstock.  You really can make it your own and jazz it up!

Here's my process video showing you how I did everything:


Thank you so much for stopping in!  Have a great weekend!



1 comment: