Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Hello You / Paige Evans Design Team

Hello and Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  Our theme this week is Monochromatic, and I decided to really challenge myself and go with purple.  I have no idea why I chose that color, but it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time :)  I used mostly papers and Ephemera Die Cuts from the Take Me Away collection. 

To start, I went through each paper and die cut from the collection.  I fussy cut out any shape that was purple from Papers 11, 13, 16 and 24.  I cut a few windows, some frames, some lists and some hexagons.  I knew the background would be random, and I just wound up layering each piece in a vertical design in the center of the background, which is Paper 15.  I covered a lot of the center area with white gesso and then used three different purple Shimmerz Paints over that.  I used the packaging technique and a brush to get all that messy color down.


I decided since there were so many small details on the page I would keep my title small.  I liked how this tag looked here as a layer, and the sentiment was perfect.  I added in some purple thread and did some machine stitching in a few places.  I pulled a few sequins from my stash and from SpiegelMom Scraps in purple shades.  One of my favorite things about putting this page together was coloring the silver glitter Thickers from the Fancy Free collection.  I just scribbled a purple gelato over it and rubbed it in with my fingers.  Instant color!


I love how all these layers turned out.  The hexagons are very subtle, and I love the contrast with the darker sequins and thread.  To raise my photos up a little bit, I added some foam adhesive under them.


I went light on the journaling and just typed a few lines on my computer.  I didn't really have a good spot to hand write any journaling, so the typed strips were perfect and didn't take away from any of the design.


I love the contrast of the dark photos with the light purple shades.  All those light colors really allow the photos to stand out.


Here's one last close-up of all the details.  I am really loving those altered Thickers!  You could do that with any color and really get some fun shapes!  I did add in one of the Take Me Away Metal Clips here as well.


I hope this inspires you to create a page using only one color...it's a challenge but really fun!  I love how this turned out.  Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out:


Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. This is absolutley stunning! Purple is my fave color, but I find it hard to scrap with. But OMGoodness Missy, you totally rocked it!

    ReplyDelete