Saturday, June 10, 2017

Hello Reesie Cup / Hip Kit Club

Happy Weekend...yay!  I hope you guys are enjoying your Saturday so far :)  Today I wanted to share one of my newest layouts for Hip Kit Club.  I participated in the Sketch Challenge this week, and I used the 2017 May Hip Kits.  I really love this sketch...it's simple yet provides lots of opportunities for embellishments.



Here's my layout based on this sketch.  I really love how it turned out.  I tore half of this beautiful plus signs Crate Paper paper to use as a big background element and layered it over some white cardstock.  I used a lot of white gesso over it, and you can see how it faded out a lot of the plus signs.  I used some of the beautiful Prima Watercolor Confections from the Color Kit on the background.  Those colors are so bold and bright, and I love them!  I went with a pink, yellow and aqua color scheme (my favorite!).  I created a lot of layering behind the photos using bits of patterned paper and some Project Life cards.



I love using my kids' names as titles.  These photos were just some cute shots of her in the car, so there really wasn't a big story to tell.  I used the gorgeous light blue exclusive puffy alphas from HKC here.  Those are available in the Main Kit.  That font is amazing!  I did a lot of paper tearing on my layers, and I added in an exclusive puffy scalloped border sticker and some tangled thread.


I love the pops of black here.  I used one of the black foam Thickers here, and I layered in under the photo and on top of a Crate Paper Chipboard bird.  I love all this dimension!


I used a scalloped border punch here on this blue Project Life card.  Something as simple as a punch can really add some fun detail to your layout.  I added a few puffy heart stickers on top of my photos.  Those are on the exclusive puffy alpha sheet.


I did a bit of tiny zig zag stitching here on the layers, and I tucked in two exclusive die cut tags.  I added some cord from my stash to finish them off.  I added some adhesive foam under one photo to raise it up a bit.


I did some messy stitching at the top and bottom of the page with some pink thread.  I created a small cluster down here as well with a Crate Paper button and a Dear Lizzy button sticker.


Here's one more look at all those delicious layers :)


I do have a process video if you'd like to check it out.



Thanks so much for visiting me today....and have a fabulous day, friends!


1 comment:

  1. Love it again and sure gone give the sketch a try. Made my first layout beased on your video's. Nothing like you yet. But proud of my first mixmedia layout.

    ReplyDelete