Thursday, February 28, 2019

You Love Summer Time / Cheeky Studio Guest Designer

Hello again, friends!  Today I'm sharing another layout I created as the February Guest Designer for Cheeky Studio.  I was inspired by the Wildflower Ephemera Set 3 to put together this fun tropical page.  I started with an exclusive Cheeky Studio cut file and resized a bunch of scalloped flowers.  I cut them on white cardstock, and before peeling them off my cutting mat I covered them with gesso.  Next I used lots of bright Distress Oxides to color them.  You can see how magical those color blend in my video down below. 


Once I had all the flowers done, I stacked them together to create four big layered blooms.  I arranged them in a way so I could tuck my photo inside them.  I put the blue flower farther away from my photo since it had lots of blue in it already.  I sorted through the Wildflower Die Cuts and tucked them in around the big flowers.  I tried to keep it tone-on-tone and use matching colors.  I love all the fun dimension and depth!


I bent up the edges of the flowers to really make them pop off the page.  I did trim the white edges from the die cuts to minimize the white against all the bright colors.  I layered in some matching tangled thread as well as a few flair from the Missy-isms Flair Set.


I added some matching buttons from my stash to the centers of each flower.  I threaded some embroidery thread in the small holes of each button to finish them off.


I love the pops of black from these leaves and stems.


I used some small black alpha stickers from my stash for my title.  I fussy cut the "you" circle from the Wildflowers Cut Apart Sheet.  I decided to use the circle centers I punched out of each of the flowers over to the right of the photo.  I love the pops of color they give!


Here are a few more close-ups just because I love them1




I hope this inspires you in some way!  It's a lot of fun to make a layout using no patterned paper.  Don't be afraid to get out your watercolors or ink pads or gelatos and make your own flowers or embellishments.  You'll see how easy it really is in my video...I promise anyone can do this!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you have coloured the background and flowers. Such a pretty layout.

    ReplyDelete