Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Just What I Need / Hip Kit Club

Hey there, friends!  Today I'm here with a Mixed Media Monday layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2019 January Hip Kits.  We’re celebrating Valentine’s Day this week, and I’ve got lots of hearts on my layout today.  I’ve really been inspired lately by some fellow DT members and their pages.  Irit used a pretty rainbow color scheme on a recent layout, and Lisa just created one using lots of hearts.  I decided to do both.  I pulled out a heart punch from my stash and several papers from the Main Kit.  I punched two hearts of each color and then trimmed one to create a smaller one.  I kept the trimmings and used those as well.  I used a Pinkfresh Studio paper as the background, and I used a lot of the Color Kit goodies to create some watercolor splotches.


I coated a lot of the background with white gesso to blend out some of the pattern and to prep the paper.  I sprayed all three of the Prima Blooms onto the page and then spritzed them with water to let them run and blend.  I also used some Shimmerz from previous Color Kits to create some different color shades.  I wanted the hearts to have some dimension, so I stitched through the center of each set and then added some adhesive foam under the top hearts so they couldn’t lie flat.


I added in some coordinating colors of tangled thread in a few places to add some more “messiness,” color and texture… my favorite things!


I mixed and matched the title using both sets of Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Alphas.  This title was perfect for these photos of my daughter attacking me with a big kiss!  I tucked in Chipboard Sticker and another puffy leaf stem sticker.


I kept the hearts theme going and embellished with some Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Stickers and Dimensional Layered Stickers.  They are both in the Embellishment Kit.


It’s amazing what a little big of dimensional adhesive can do to a layout!  I love how the hearts pop off the page.


One more close-up of all the fun details!


I hope this inspires you to give a rainbow color scheme a try.  And if you have some punches, you can totally create a die cutting machine look without using one!  Be sure to check out my process video here for more details.




Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment