Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Messy Rainbows / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends!  Happy Tuesday!  I'm here with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team using the Whimsical collection. I’ve been brewing ideas for using some of the fun art supplies images in this collection and I decided to scrap some cute photos of my daughter painting with her watercolors. She gets her messy tendencies from me… haha! I decided to create a bright and watercolored background to match my theme and incorporate some of the adorable watercolor & paint brush pieces as embellishments. Since the watercolor paints are circles, I used Paige’s Polka Dot Circles Background cut file to create some fun detail. I cut those on Paper 21 and backed it with Paper 05, which I pulled from the 12x12 Paper Pad.


I couldn’t resist creating a rainbow mix for my title. I used the Foam Mini Thickers which are perfect for this color scheme. I used the watercolor set from the Chipboard Stickers and several paint brushes from the Chipboard StickersEphemera Die Cuts, and Stickers. I can’t get over how cute these are! For an extra pop of purple, I tucked some tangled thread under the chipboard.


I chose Paper 21 as my background because it has a lot of white. I cut the circles first and then coated a lot of it with white gesso. I wanted to add a lot of color on top of it, so I wanted to make sure the paper was ready to handle the liquids. I used a mix of Distress Oxides and ink sprays to create big splotches of pink, yellow, and blue. You can see more details on how I did this in my process video below. I decided to continue with the circle idea and fussy cut lots of them from Paper 20. I raised some of them off the page using adhesive foam. I added a few of the gold words from the Chipboard Stickers & Stickers in a few places.


I love the effect of popping up some of the circles and leaving some of them flat.  Just that little bit of shadow the adhesive foam creates makes such a big difference.  I tucked in a few Puffy Stickers here...little tubes of paint!  How adorable!


Since my photos were so bold and colorful, I didn’t do much embellishing around them. I didn’t want things to get too busy, so I just added some tangled thread in a few colors and one gold Sticker at the top.


I love cut files like this because it creates a fun subtle design on the background.   There are so many possibilities with this one.


I love how you can still see the dots from the patterned paper through the gesso and Distress Oxides.  Faded out, but still visible :)


Here are a few more close-ups of the colorful background and fun details.



I hope this inspires you to create a fun layout about art! There are so many fun images that match that theme in this collection and it really inspired me to get a little messy on this page. Be sure to check out even more details in my process video below.



Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment