Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Love Love Love / Paige Evans DT

Hello again, friends!  I'm here today with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team using the Whimsical collection and Paige’s LOVE cut file. As I was thumbing through the patterned papers, I noticed a few colors that I really liked together. I had the perfect photo to scrap with this modified rainbow color scheme. My sister and I were at the Dancing With the Stars Live Tour and there was a green screen with props for photoshoots. We had a blast wearing the feather boas! I cut the word LOVE using the five papers I chose and made them the background design. I covered the white cardstock background with clear gesso first and let it dry. I chose matching colors of Distress Oxides and lightly scraped them horizontally across the page. I spritzed a bit of water on them and used a small acrylic block to smudge the color around.


I wanted to create a tone-on-tone look, so I added aqua Distress Oxides behind the aqua paper and did the same for the other colors. I glued them down and then machine stitched through each word. I sorted through all of the Whimsical embellishments and added lots of flowers, sentiments, and hearts from the Floral Die CutsStickersChipboard Stickers, and Puffy Stickers. Again, I kept the embellishments color coordinated with each section.


I added adhesive foam behind a few of the flowers to create dimension. I wanted some texture in those areas, so I tangled up colored thread. I wrote my journaling down at the bottom of the design using a metallic gold pen.


I just had to use these awesome Tassel Paper Clips. The threads on the tassels echoes the feathers in the boas! Too perfect. I removed the strings from the paper clips and glued them down below the photo.


I love when the colors in the photo match everything so perfectly.  Photos like this need to be printed in color.  Sometimes I change them to black & white depending on the colors or the quality.  This one looked great in color!


Here are a few more close-ups of all the details.



I added a gold flower border sticker from the Sticker book here above the journaling for a bit of added detail.  I used a gold metallic pen to write in my thoughts.



I hope this inspires you to put together a fun color scheme that matches one of your favorite photos. Choosing the right papers and embellishments can really make your photo pop right off the page.  Be sure to check out my process video here for all the details!


Thanks so much for visiting me today!  Have a great day!

1 comment: