Saturday, February 9, 2019

Pool Fun / Cheeky Studio Guest Designer

It's the Weekend...yay!  I have a new layout to share.  I am one of the February Guest Designers for Cheeky Studio, and I received lots of beautiful bright floral elements to play with.  I couldn't resist doing some fussy cutting and making a pool page :)  All of the flowers around the photo were on patterned paper or cut apart sheets.  I created a big floral cluster to tuck my photo into.  I also used a floral cluster cut file from Cheeky Studio as a big design element.  I cut it on white cardstock and then used Shimmerz and gelatos to color it.


To create this background, I glued the plain cut file to my white cardstock background.  I coated all of it with clear gesso to prep the surface.  I sprayed some blue and green Shimmers sprays right onto it and then spritzed it with some water.  I tipped the paper to let the colors run and blend together and then let it dry.  I came in after it was dry with some gelatos.  I smudged the color down and blended it with my fingers.  You can see more how I did this in my process video down below.


I love these beautiful colors!  Fussy cutting does take time, but I think it's always worth the end result.  I love using bright pinks, yellows and greens with my pool photos.  There is always so much blue in the photos, so the other colors pop against it.


Here you can see how awesome the gelatos look against the textured cardstock.  I made sure not to glue down the edges of the flowers so I could bend them up.  This gives them some more dimension and depth.  I also added a Cheeky Studio flair button here on the pink flower.  I decided to add more detail with a little bit of hand stitching on some of the flowers.  I show how I did this in my video.


One of the last things I added was a variety of sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.  I love how they add even more texture and color.  I did add some tangled thread as well.


I love pool photos...have I ever mentioned that?  Haha...I just love the colors in them!

 

Here is another cute cut apart piece...it's so true about my girls!


And one more just because :)


I absolutely love how this turned out.  These colors just make me happy!  I hope you enjoyed it and got some fun ideas to try.  A huge thank you to Tuesdae from Cheeky Studio for having me this month!

Here's my video:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this layout and have been inspired to create one myself using your ideas: https://creativitycontinues.wordpress.com/2019/02/18/alhambra/
    Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete