Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Party Animals / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, lovely friends!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2019 January Hip Kits.  This layout looks completely different than my page from last week using the same kits...haha.  I wanted to use the Dear Lizzy black & white striped paper from the Main Kit as a big background element, so it inspired me to go on the grungy side.  I tore a big strip of it along with strips from one of the light pink Pinkfresh Studio papers.  I layered them in the center of some white cardstock and adhered them down.  I smudged a lot of white gesso over a big area of the papers.  I used lots of the Prima Bloom sprays from the Color Kit on the background to create a really messy look.


I was inspired to scrap these goofy pictures of me, my sister and my mom at a 90s concert last year.  The package of Crate Paper Thickers are all about parties & celebrations, so I knew I wanted to use "Party" in my title.  This cute camera is a stamp from Shimelle.  I stamped it on some scrap paper and then colored it in using some black ink.  I layered some Project Life cards behind my photos as well as some Pinkfresh Studio patterned paper and Chipboard Frames.  I tucked in some tangled thread and added some silver glitter star Thickers and some Shimelle enamel stars.


I created a fun little cluster in the upper left area using another chipboard frame, some Pinkfresh Studio stickers and die cuts, and a circle YAY Thicker.  I love all the circles!  I also added in a few of the Heidi Swapp stamps...the Rating one is so cute!  I colored in all 5 stars :)


Here I mixed and matched my title using one of the Thickers and some of the small grey Pinkfresh Studio puffy alphas.  I tucked in a cute pinwheel chipboard sticker.  I did some random stamping on the background to add to the grunge factor...the circle stamp is from the Heidi Swapp set.  I also did some machine stitching with black thread on the background to add to the texture.


I love how layering the chipboard frames creates such great dimension.  It makes is easier to tuck pieces inside there!


Here you can see more of the messy machine stitching.  I get a lot of questions about stitching...I just use a Brother sewing machine with a standard needle.


Here are some more close-ups from different angles.



I originally planned on leaving my three photos together in a photo strip, but I decided to break them up so I could add this big YAY! piece.


It was so much fun to get messy and incorporate lots of black into this page!  I hope it inspires you to get a little grungy next time :)  Check out my process video for more information and details!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment