Monday, February 18, 2019

It's Not All Sunshine & Rainbows / Pinkfresh Studio

Happy Weekend, friends!  Today I wanted to share another layout I created for the Pinkfresh Studio Design Team.  I was inspired by one of the die cuts in the Everyday Musings collection.  I loved the sentiment on it so much that I decided to make it a big title.  I used the Adore Alpha Dies to cut letters from various patterned papers from Everyday Musings.  I love what this quote means to me because it is so true!  And this photo is so representative of my girls...things are usually imperfect and happen in a blur.  But that is what makes these moments sunshine and rainbows!


I wanted to go bright for this page and play on the reds, blues and yellows.  I created a very subtle sunburst pattern on the background using a stencil and the Liquid Watercolors.  I also used some gelatos.  I love having a watercolor background with all of the papers and embellishments on top of it.  Here you can see that I added some of the Everyday Musings layered heart stickers with some puffy heart stickers and some floral die cuts.


I added some adhesive foam under this bigger potted plant to create some depth.  I also added some machine stitching through each line of the quote.






I kept the embellishments to a minimum since the quote and colors were pretty busy.  I also tucked in some blue tangled thread for another pop of color.


I took apart some of the layered heart stickers and just used the little sentiment tabs in a few places.  Here you can see some of the starburst pattern on the background.  I cut the word "sunshine" on plain watercolor paper and used the Liquid Watercolors and gelatos to color them yellow.


 I really love how this turned out.  Have you ever been inspired by a die cut or an embellishment?


I used some of the colorful Everyday Musings Puffy Alpha Stickers here.  I love these beautiful colors.


Here's one more close-up just for fun :)


I hope these layouts give you some fun ideas to try on your next project!  I love that you can get such different looks from the same collection.  You never know where one idea might lead once you start playing with those Liquid Watercolors!

Here's my process video:



Thanks for stopping in!  See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment