Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Love Makes Everything Better / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm back with a new layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2019 February Hip Kits.  All of this month's Hip Kit cut files contain hearts, so I used one to create all those cute hearts.  I cut them on a Pinkfresh Studio patterned paper and created a fun cluster above my photo.  I was inspired at first by a few of the Project Life cards.  I fussy cut that big flower cluster down at the bottom from a PL card.  I used the "Love makes everything better" card as my title, and I decided to place it to the right of my photo and have the hearts bursting out from the top of them.


I used some smooth white cardstock for the background, and I coated a lot of the area with clear gesso first.  I used some of the Prima Opal Magic Paint from the Color Kit along with some of the Prima Color Bloom sprays from last month's Color Kit.  I added a bit of color to a small acrylic stamping block, spritzed it with water, and then smudged it down onto the paper.  You can get a better idea of this in my process video.  I also used a few Shimmerz from previous Color Kits.  I attached the hearts and stitched down the middle of some of them.  I also traced around the edges of a few of them to add a pop of black.  Those small black hearts were the last thing I added...I just punched some out of the black & white striped Carta Bella paper.


I folded up some of the hearts' edges to create some dimension and shadowing.  This cute fabric banner piece is from Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day, and I love the pop of green it gives in that space.  Those are in the Embellishment Kit.


I couldn't resist fussy cutting this big flower cluster out from a PL card.  The colors make me so happy!  I attached it to the bottom of my photo and tucked in some black thread under it.


I love the dimension here!  I did also add some black splatters.  I wanted some small pops of black on the top half of the page since there was a lot of black in the lower half.


I layered some more PL cards and a Carta Bella die cut behind my photo.  Towards the end, I added in some Pinkfresh Studio puffy heart stickers, enamel dots and die cuts.


I tucked in a few more Pinkfresh Studio stickers down here at the bottom.


I know....I always take way too many close-ups...haah.  I can't help it...the colors and dimension are just so awesome!


I used one of the adorable Crate Paper shaker heart stickers here...they are the CUTEST!!  I also added some machine stitching around the edges of the title PL card for an extra pop of color and detail.


One last close-up of the left side.  I used another Crate Paper heart puffy sticker here under the photo.  I forgot to mention that I did add some adhesive foam under the photo to raise it up off the page a little bit.


I hope this inspires you to create something fun and bright with your February Kits!  This was fun to make, and I just love playing with all those colors.  Be sure to check out my process video for more details!



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment