Friday, January 12, 2018

You Make Me So Happy / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Happy Friday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I decided to go with a blue monochromatic color scheme for this project.  I sorted through all the Cocoa Vanilla collections I own and pulled out all the blue papers.  I was surprised to see how many shades of blue there were!  I used this beautiful Paige Evans Moths Background cut file and cut it on white cardstock.  I backed each one with a blue paper, and I just love mix of lights and darks.  I used the beautiful wood grain paper from Bohemian Dream as my background.  I coated a lot of it white gesso first and then used a few different shades of blue inks sprays over that.  I wanted more blue to peek out from around the cut file and in between all the butterflies.


I added some foam adhesive under all the butterflies to raise them up off the page.  I love the dimension this creates, and it really just makes the layout come to life.  I tucked my photo in to the left of the cut file and overlapped them.


I went small with the title and used this fun banner sticker from the Hello Lovely Accessory Stickers.  I didn’t want to add a large title because there really wasn’t anywhere to put it.  I didn’t want to cover up the butterflies or make them look busier.


I added this sticker from Wild At Heart here, and I love the pop of dark blue it gives.


I used a few things under my photo for layering.  I pulled a dark blue chipboard frame from Wild At Heart and also a fun die cut frame from Life is Beautiful.  I also added a few Life is Beautiful heart stickers and a gorgeous blue leaf stem from Bohemian Dream.  I love how the water in this photo looks like the background paper.  They both have lines, and I thought it matched very well.


Here’s a few final close-ups of the layering and dimension.  I really love how it turned out!



I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try on your next layout.  When you don't know how to begin, just choose one color and gather everything in that color.  This helps to limit what you can use and sort of forces you to make it work without having allllll that other stuff to choose from.  It's a fun challenge to try, and the results are going to be awesome!

Be sure to check out my video here if you'd like to see more of the creative process.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous FRIDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment