Friday, January 26, 2018

Free Spirit / Paige Evans DT

Hey, friends! Happy FRIDAY!  Today I wanted to share my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  I’m having a blast creating with Paige’s new Pick-Me-Up collection! It really is beautiful and pairing it with her cut files is even better. I used her Folk Art Flower cut file available in the Silhouette store. I knew right away I wanted it to flow across the page with my photo in the lower right corner. I cut the flower design on white cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo and then used various patterned papers from the collection to back the flowers, stems, and leaves. I wanted to add some watercolor behind the photo, so I smudged on some white gesso first. I also smudged some over parts of the flowers and leaves to add some variation and texture. I added a bit of matching ink sprays behind the photo using the packaging and splatter techniques. I also splattered across the page to add some subtle interest on the white space.


Here you can see where I added the gesso.  At first I wanted to make the flowers all one color, but there were just too many gorgeous colors in the papers to choose from.  I decided to use them all and I love how it turned out. I machine stitched around the three larger flowers with different colored thread and then I used white thread to stitch the flight paths of the butterflies. I used some of the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers for my title. I love the white tone-on-tone look with the smaller letters.


I used bits of Pick-Me-Up Paper 04 and Paper 07 as layers behind my photo. I layered in some of the floral Pick-Me-Up Chipboard Stickers and Stickers on and around the photo to enhance the flower theme. I did pop the photo up with some adhesive foam to create some depth and that made it easy to tuck in some pink thread for an extra pop of color.


This cut file is so pretty. Here you can see how detailed it is. This collection is perfect for backing it because the colors just really bring it to life. I didn’t want to take away from the design by adding a big title, so I went small. I also added in a Pick-Me-Up Sticker that says “born to fly” because she was flying high in her swing. I did a bit of messy machine stitching along some of the stems for added interest and texture.


I love these beautiful floral cluster stickers...they're just so pretty!  I want to use them on everything :)


Here's one more look at the cut file and the messy stitching.  I can't stitch an even circle to save my life, so I just embrace the wonkiness...haha!


I hope this gives you some more fun ideas to try on your next layout. You simply must pick up the Pick-Me-Up collection! It’s my favorite collection so far!  Here's my process video if you'd like to how I made this.



Thank you for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend :)




1 comment: