Wednesday, January 31, 2018

You Are Pretty Great / Maya Road Guest Designer

Hello again, friends!  I'm back again today with another Maya Road Guest Designer project.  I was inspired by the beautiful pink Small Vintage Paper Flowers that I was sent, so I built my color scheme around them.  I wanted to create a soft and girly color scheme, so I pulled out some papers that I thought would compliment the flowers.  I used the XO Heart Steel Die and cut several hearts from pink, blue, coral and peach patterned papers from my stash.  I cut the XOs on vellum and placed them on some of the hearts, and I love how they turned out!  I used lots of Shimmerz Paints on the background using plastic packaging to spread it around as well as spraying the ink directly onto the paper.


To create some layers behind my photo, I used two floral die cuts I’ve had sitting on my desk for months.  I tucked the hearts in around the photo as well as the pink flowers.  I used matching ink sprays on the background using the packaging technique as well as splattering with the nozzles.  I love how the watercolor peeks out from behind everything. 


These small flowers are easy to manipulate and tuck in behind things.  I created lots of layers here with the hearts, flowers, die cuts and tangled thread.  I also added a few sequins from my stash.


Here you can see more of the sequins.  My title is an Amy Tangerine On a Whim chipboard sticker.


Here's one more look at those pretty flowers :)


I used some of the hearts to create a little cluster on the upper right side.  I love how the vellum XOs look on the patterned paper.  To add a bit more gold sparkle, I machine stitched through some of the hearts and around the edge of the layout.


I hope this gives you some inspiration to go create something beautiful!  Thanks for stopping by, and thanks to Maya Road for having me this month!

Have a great day!

1 comment: