Tuesday, January 9, 2018

It's All Good / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2017 December Hip Kits, and I began with some goodies from the Color Kit.  I used the beautiful floral stencil and scraped some of the Shimmerz Paste-eez over it.  It's a smooth texture paste that dries clear and has some glittery sparkle to it once it's dry.  I went over that with some of the Creameez Berry Hot and Vibez Snow Way Man and added in a few more colors from my stash.  I wanted a textured watercolor background.

I must have changed my mind a dozen times once I finished the background, but I finally decided to turn the page and create a horizontal design.  Once I started adding things on top of the background, it just seemed too much.  I softened it up by adding a torn piece of vellum over it.  I went with a pink, red and light blue color scheme with a bit of peachy orange thrown in.  I picked out a lot of embellishments in those colors and started layering in and around the photo.


Here you can see the texture from the paste and stencil.  I love it!  I brought in some black elements to match the photo.  I used some Vicki Boutin stickers and die cuts here at the bottom, and the title is from the Crate Paper Good Vibes Stickers.  Those are both in the Project Life Kit.  I smudged a bit of white gesso over it to tone down the black a bit.  I also added in a bit of blue machine stitching.


Here on this side I tucked in a few Pinkfresh Studio die cuts, more Vicki Boutin flowers, some Pinkfresh Studio puffy stars and a Crate Paper chipboard sprig.  Most of this is from the Embellishment Kit.  I love all the dimension here.  Layering is such a great technique!


I had cut a bunch of stars from one of Irit's papers for my first layout with these kits, and I saved the paper.  I cut around some of the stars here and tucked those in for a pop of that light blue.  Never throw away your scraps because they can come in handy for things like this!  All the papers are from the Main Kit.  I used a Crate Paper die cut behind my photo, which I ran through my edge distresser.  I also did a straight stitch across the vellum.  That's a piece of Crate Paper patterned paper behind it.  I love the pop of colors it gives behind the vellum.


 Here's the top of the photo area...I tucked in a little Vicki Boutin sticker and machine stitched around the edge of the photo.  I added some black ink splatters at the end to finish it off.


I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try with your kits!  Don't be afraid to pull out a few things from your stash to add to it...like vellum or thread.  Here's my process video:



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment