Friday, January 5, 2018

In the Snow / Paige Evans DT

Hello, friends, and Happy FRIDAY! Today I’m sharing a new winter layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  It features a variety of products from all four of Paige’s collections: Turn the PageOh My HeartTake Me Away, and Fancy Free. I also used two of her Silhouette cut files: Snowflake Border and the Paige Font cut files. I love sorting through all of the collections and finding bits and pieces that coordinate for a certain theme. I’m scrapping an older photo of me and my husband from our honeymoon in Lake Tahoe which is pretty much the only time I’ve ever seen snow! Once is enough… haha! I ungrouped the Snowflake Border cut file and cut lots of snowflakes on patterned papers from each of the collections. I wanted to create the look of snowflakes falling all around the photo. I used some pink, gold, and light aqua ink sprays on the background using some plastic packaging and some splattering.


I wanted to mix and match silver and gold on this page and I think they look great together. I used some of the gold foiled stickers from the Turn the Page Sticker Book to add in some pops of gold. I used Turn the Page Paper 07 for some gray snowflakes as well as some silver thread to add pops of silver. I adhered the foiled stickers to some vellum to make them a little less transparent and I also added in some white tangled thread behind it to make it stand out a bit more against the busy background. I watered down some white acrylic paint and splattered it around with a brush to mimic the feeling of snow.


This fun “Heck Yes” piece is from the Take Me Away Chipboard Stickers. It was just the right sentiment and color for this layout so I overlapped it over the photo. I wanted another touch of white, so I fussy cut a bit of a white scalloped border from Oh My Heart Paper 17 and added it under the photo. To add some layers under my photo, I fussy cut two 3x4 pieces from Take Me Away Paper 24. I finished off the layers with some tissue paper and adhesive foam.


I love the Paige Font! I cut it on white cardstock and it reminds me of snow piling up on the bottom. I added some vellum behind the open areas and popped the letters up and wedged them in between some of the snowflakes. I finished off the title by adding in some of the dark blue alpha stickers from the Turn the Page Sticker Book. I’ve been using Paige’s 30-page #StickerBook a lot lately and this fun speech bubble sticker and little pink heart are from that.


Cutting pieces like this on multiple patterned papers is a great way to get lots of different colors and patterns on your page without being too overwhelming.  And snowflakes are perfect because they're all shaped differently and look great layered on top of each other like this.  I did a bit of machine stitching through a few of the bigger ones.


I added another gold foiled sticker here that I stuck to vellum.  I love how the mint thread looks here.


Scrapping an older winter photo was a lot of fun! I especially love the challenge of creating a page like this with products that aren’t necessarily winter-themed. I hope you enjoyed it and are inspired!  Check out my process video for lots more details:



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment