Friday, May 24, 2013

She's Full of Color {Love My Tapes}

Happy Friday, friends! I hope you're doing well and that you get some scrappy time in today :)  I'm sharing a page with you today that I made for Love My Tapes.

I created it to show how you can use a variety of colored washi tapes to enhance your projects and add some interest to them.  I just love rainbows, and I was in the mood to create something from scratch and not use any specific lines or collections.  I pulled out a rainbow selection of LMT washi tapes and my trusty paints :)  I took a sponge brush and watered down a squirt or two of each color and just washed it over a heart I hand-cut from cardstock.

I then took the coordinating washi tapes and added strips to each color section.  Then I added in some black chevron and striped tape to match my stamps and title.  I love the look and texture the tape gives.  You can see them better in my close-ups.


I just love the yellow striped tape!  I love how each one I used has a different shape on it...from stripes to dots to diagonals...such a great variety.


Another close up...


I taped over punched out hearts here and just traced around the edges.  I then just dipped my finger into each paint color and smudged some on.  Easy!


I hope this inspires you to take a little break from all the patterned papers and just create something from scratch...and pull out that washi tape to give it a little extra "oomph"!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. very cool! love this energy and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. that is really all I can say! You amaze me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be designing papers! Love this! The colors combined with the black---just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful layout design, Missy! What I really like about washi tapes is that they can make every craft look even more wonderful. You don’t have to worry about printing some stickers to put on your scrapbook. The designs themselves are already a good embellishment. Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren Woods @ Adhesive Tapes

    ReplyDelete