Friday, May 10, 2013

My Creative Scrapbook & The Color Room

Hello there, and Happy Friday!  So sorry I haven't been around much this week...my computer CRASHED on Tuesday, and I've been way out of the techno world loop.  No access to my photos, my printer, my Cameo...nothing!  I have been having scrappy withdrawals all week, and now that my amazing husband bought me a new computer yesterday, I'm getting back into the swing of things.  My old computer was VERY old, and now that I have Windows 8...YIKES!  It's so different.  But I'm learning as I go.  The software I used to print my photos is obsolete now, so I'm having to figure out the new system.  Ugh!  But on the bright side, I have a fresh new computer, and it's so much faster & has WAY more storage!  Woo hoo!

Anyway, I have lots to share today.  There is an awesome contest going on over at My Creative Scrapbook! Check it out!

We have a very exciting announcement today from My Creative Scrapbook owner, Pam Rangel!
 
Girls, we Love Prima so we are having a Prima Prize giveaway!!

Grand Prize:
Plus 3 random draw prize Prima packages to be drawn on June 1st. That is right 4 chances to win!!
We want to give YOU this awesome prize package. You can win just by being a My Creative Scrapbook member or by buying one of our kits in the month of May.
Want to have more chances to win? Just refer a friend that buys a kit in May and both of you will have your names added to the drawing. So come join the fun , we want YOU to be the winner!! -
My Creative Scrapbook Kit subscribers will be entered in the drawing for each kit that they purchase in the month of May. -
All new kit subscribers will be entered in the drawing.    Even more chances to win... refer a friend that signs up and get your name added to the drawing.
Just e-mail MyCreativeScrapbook@gmail.com with the name of the person who joined. You both will be entered into the drawing a second time.
Just to make this more fun, we are offering our May Limited Edition kit filled with Prima Lyric, available for a one time purchase... Yea!!! You asked that we offer this, and we aim to please, so grab one while you can.
This offer is only for the month of May. Dates of the contest: May 8th through June 1st, 2013 To purchase any of our kits, please visit our website, HERE.

This month, the team at My Creative Scrapbook is GDT for The Color Room.  I was so excited to be able to take part in this...the color schemes & sketches over there are just beautiful, and the work the team creates is just breathtaking.  Go HERE to see the color palette and all the team's layouts :)

Here's mine...I also used the sketch they provided.  I just LOVE these colors, and I decided to create a page from scratch, using no patterned paper.  I used a little plastic jar to stamp my big circles. I watered down some paint and just made my own circle stamp.  Then I took a brush and "watercolored" the circles.  I like the faded look they have.  I also did some stamping and added in some film strip washi and some floss.  I cut those little circles with the word "love" and the black hearts with my Cameo.  I'm amazed that it cuts things so tiny and so perfectly!


I was planning on sharing another page I created with my May Main Kit from MCS, but I just realized that my photographs are on my external hard drive that is at the computer shop....so I'll need to re-photograph them.  I'll work on that for tomorrow!

Have a great day, and remember to BACK UP FREQUENTLY!!  :)

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome Missy!! LOVE all of those circles and the b&w circle photos!! A new favorite!! Sorry to hear your computer crashed, but glad you got a new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! This is truly one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE i love the font that you always use for your titles! what is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is AMAZING!! HOLY!! Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete