Tuesday, January 22, 2013

One Little Word Crop pages

Hey, friends!  I'm finally getting around to posting the pages I created for the One Little Word Crop going on NOW at My Scraps & More.  It began on Friday, and if you'd like to play along, you still have this week to create some pages with us.

One of the challenges is to choose your own OLW and create a page using it.  My word is SIMPLIFY.  I have felt overwhelmed for a while...in all aspects of life.  I have a hard time saying NO to things, so I always wind up taking too much on.  Whether it's scrap-related, work-related or child-related...I always seem to overload my plate.  These are the top things I need to focus on to make my life simpler.

I used my Cameo to cut my vertical numbers, and then I used a variety of Mister Huey's to create a rainbow effect.  I wanted to focus on my goals, so I only used patterned papers along the edges.  I think it's a "simple" page...and I like it considering my word is simplify :)


I didn't have a yellow button that matched, so I covered one in washi tape!  Sometimes you just have to improvise...


One of the challenges I hosted was the CHANGE challenge.  The focus was on the word "change," and the rules were to show something that has evolved or changed over time for you.  It could be people, plants, a house...anything that has changed.  I scrapped a now & then type page of my sister and me.  There is a 20-year difference in these photos.  I used the On Trend papers from Crate Paper, which I adore!


This challenge focused on the word DIRECTION.  All you had to do was use ARROWS on your page.  These are photos of my little Reese riding horses at school.  Again, I used the On Trend collection.  I think I could use it on every page I create from here to eternity and never get sick of it!

If you'd like to join us, please come and do it!  You still have plenty of time to play along with all the challenges...there are TONS of them!  There are also games and lots of prizes up for grabs :)  Hope to see you there!  You can click HERE.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for visiting me!

8 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful, Missy! LOVE what you've done with the numbers on your simplify page. My hubby just got me a Cameo for my birthday, but I think I need to make him take it back. It's just so much money, and my big kiddo needs braces. Our house needs so much work, and who knows what emergency we'll need funds to tap into. Sigh. It's just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! what awesome pages! love the details and all the elements! I love my Cameo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, I love your pages! I also am trying to eat less junk---tonight it's quinoa pilaf and homemade veggie burgers! If you ever want to trade recipes let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all three pages are just spectacular! I really need to come up with a OLW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the free style design on your first page Missy, and the cool way you did the numbers and your journaling!! And amazing use of the Crate Paper on your last two pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Moly girl this is a lot of aweseomness in one post! :) You are so talented and creative - keep being just that! I have a 2013 page coming up soon and I need to eat less junk as well! It tasts so go but I later I regret it! Its nice to know I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh these are just beautiful pages!!! You are so talented! Just wanted to come by real quick to say Thank You for loving my handwriting. That surely made my day!! :)

    ReplyDelete