Monday, February 13, 2012

The Paper Variety & My Mind's Eye

Hey there, scrappy friends! I have two layouts to share today. I've been working on lots of layouts, but they are for design teams and can't be shown yet. Later this week I'll be able to post them :)

I loved the sketch over at The Paper Variety...it's their latest challenge. I turned it on its side to accomodate my photos. I should have printed these pictures in black and white because our old green bathtub is VERY hard to match up to scrappy papers...haha! But I managed to make it work...I just grabbed a few papers that sort of matched and then decided to throw in some reds. You know how I have to match things up perfectly...well, this one just wasn't happening. I would never throw red in with that old green tub! Never say never...haha!

This was one of those layouts that I couldn't ever really finish. I kept staring at it, thinking of what to add to it, and I just couldn't decide. I finally gave up and just left it as is. I tried to add buttons, twine, more stars...nothing looked right. So this is it... :)





Here is the sketch...and I rotated it.


I also created this layout for the latest sketch challenge at My Mind's Eye. I love Anam's sketches, and this one is just awesome. For some reason, her sketches always inspire me to create a clean & neat page instead of a splattery, messy one. So this is what I came up with...I used papers from Quite the Contrary. I can't resist precious photos of my girls napping. I could stare at them all day!





Here is the beautiful sketch:


Thanks for stopping by! Have a terrific Monday :)

3 comments:

  1. These are both fab, Missy!! So many cute and beautiful details- I always enjoy your closeups :)- never short on inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both such adorable pages! Lots of fun ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both pages! I just saw that you won over at The Paper Variety!!! :)

    ReplyDelete