Tuesday, February 14, 2012

10 Years Ago...

Today is reveal day at Challenge Me Happy! It's Challenge #17 and all you have to do is create a layout titled "10 Years Ago." I was really nervous about doing this one because I don't really do layouts about myself. I've done one other one for another DT assignment, and I wound up LOVING it! I've always scrapped my children and that's it. Doing a layout about myself turned out to be a good thing because I've decided to start a scrapbook of just "me" pages. This one is a page I'd never have thought to do on my own, so I'm so thankful for such wonderful challenges!

Ten years ago, I was 25 and I was a high school English teacher and JV Cheerleading Coach. I had no children at this point and had been married for two years. I scrapped my old yearbook photo from that year and even took a picture of the cheerleading page in the yearbook. I had so much fun creating this one! The school's colors are black and gold, so I just had to use those colors.



I wanted to add something that reminded me of cheerleading, so created these cute little banners with toothpicks.


I pop-dotted my banner...another "cheery" element :)


I have to show the amazing sketch I used to help me along with this...check it out! It's from Page Maps...I really love it because it's just so different.


Our sponsor for this challenge is:

Scrapbook Outlet NZ Ltd is based in Invercargill, New Zealand. Coming soon our 2012 Design Team call where we will be looking for designers from around the world. To find out more please visit us at www.scrapbookoutletnz.co.nz where submission details will be posted very soon. We are super excited to currently have all the K&Company very sought after SMASH items in stock and thrilled to be sponsoring this challenge with some of these very popular items.

Prize from Scrapbook Outlet NZ Ltd contains:
K&Co SMASH – Mod Black SMASH Folio
K&Co SMASH – Blue SMASH Bands
K&CO SMASH – Birdie SMASH Mark
K&CO SMASH – Write In SMASH Stickies

Be sure to hop over to the blog and check out what the rest of the awesome DT created about their lives ten years ago. Lots of inspiration there!

In other news of complete awesomeness, I just read that I won the latest challenge at The Paper Variety! My "Silly Bathtub Antics" page was randomly chosen as the winner! You can see it on my previous post. I won a gorgeous kit from Authentique and a $10 gift certificate to My Scraps & More!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!

Have a GREAT day!!

9 comments:

  1. This layout is awesome!! One of my very favorite color combos, and I love the little flags, so cute! I never really scrap about myself, either, I might just have to play along with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore the colour combo of this LO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout---I never scrap myself either!! I had no idea you were an English teacher...me too! Now I teach reading...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love to see you scrap yourself! Great layout Missy! Its amazing what can change in 10yrs! I just might have to join in this one! Congrats at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Missy! Love this so much, the yellow and black just pops so much and you have just done wonders with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome color scheme, Missy! I love the way you used the PageMaps sketch and that cute little banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great layout Missy!! Way to turn the focus on yourself!! Thanks for the great DT inspo!!

    ReplyDelete