Monday, February 20, 2012

Artful Delight Sketch

Good Monday morning! I have a layout to share today...it's the latest sketch challenge going on over at Artful Delight. I had these three pictures of Paige just playing, and when I saw the sketch I knew it would be perfect for them. I knew these photos would be difficult to scrap because of the colors, and after digging through all of my stash, I realized none of my patterned papers matched up. So...I went for plain old cardstock. I embossed the yellow circles & the orange one. I created the large orange circle with bubble wrap & paint and then stitched around it. I punched stars from cardboard...from a baby wipe box :) Then I outlined them with twine...love how they turned out! It's a pretty simple page...not a lot of bells & whistles. Sometimes I like them just like that :)




Here's the sketch:
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Ok wow, the bubble wrap idea, so creative. Your page is absolutely fabulous!! Thank you for playing along with Artful Delight this month!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is SO pretty!! Love the bubble wrap stamping and stitching around it- and what you've done w/the twine- just FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to be innovative and go with the Cardstock, Missy!! It turned out awesome and I love the bubble wrap stamping and the cute corrugated star outlined with the twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! I love this, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great work. I love what you can do with cardstock and a few things from around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo cute I love the stitching and the stars. Btw the Brick wall on my CMH LO is a crafters workshop template.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Missy, your sweet girl is a ray if sunshine. What a fabulous and perfect LO! I am so glad you joined us at Artful Delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man this one is awesome! Love those colors!!! great page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute layout. Love it =)

    ReplyDelete