Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just because...

Hey there, scrappy friends! I can't believe it has been almost a week since I posted. Where does the time go? I have a few layouts to share that I made just because. No challenges or contests...just scrapping for me.

These are some pictures of Reese during her first year of Pre-K. It was Field Day and they were playing games and playing in water. Reese has sensory issues, so being in the mix with the chaos of a lot of kids makes her want to retreat off by herself. In the first picture, you can see her standing in the middle of the two pools...very uneasy about getting involved. Once the masses cleared out, she considered getting into the pool, but only for a second :)

The background of this didn't turn out like I'd imagined...I used some Crayola watercolor paints, watered them down, dripped them onto my paper and then blew the drops through a straw. I still like the outcome...a crazy colorful background.






I used this sketch by Page Maps:


This layout is similar to one I created several weeks ago...they are similar photos (Paige in the pool) and the colors are the same. I just love smearing paint, and these bright summer colors make it so fun & easy. I used a plastic flourish mask and used chalk to make the swirly waves...love how that turned out!


I drew some loopy loops and then stitched over them to give some more pops of pink.


Thanks for stopping by! I have a few reveals coming this week, so be sure to visit again in a few days :) Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. FUN pages Missy!! I am always in awe of how bright the colors on your layouts look! Even when I use those colors on my pages, I never think they turn out as bright and fun as yours! Great techniques with the paint and fun smearing and I really LOVE the cute loopy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great los! I lovvvve how bright and pretty your LOs always are! LOL -- same thing Ashley said!! You inspire me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the background paper!what a great look!i love all your bright colors in every layout!

    ReplyDelete