Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Challenge Me Happy #18 Reveal

Happy Hump Day! Or I guess I should say Happy Leap Day :) Either way, it's time for another fantastic challenge at Challenge Me Happy! This one was right up my alley -- use masking on your layout. I LOVE masking and I do it a lot.

For this layout, I used a plastic flourish-type shaped mask and used watercolor paints. You know how I love rainbows & their gorgeous colors, so I went with those. The beauty of using black & white photos is that you can use any color scheme you want. I started with plain white cardstock and masked it, and then started adding from there. I actually only used one piece of patterned paper. The rest was white and I painted it using the matching watercolor paints.



I used my Martha button punch to create this button. I discovered I didn't have any matching blue buttons, so I just punched one :) I also used my Martha heart punch on this little side banner piece. I saw a really cute layout on Audrey Yeager's blog a few weeks ago where she used the negative space after punching a shape, and I decided to give it a go. LOVE the look of it!



The prize sponsor for this month is SOOOOOOOOO awesome!! Who doesn't love Nikki Sivils?!


The winner of this challenge will win an awesome paper collection from Nikki. What's not to love? Be sure to upload your masking project on the Challenge Me Happy blog HERE. Have a GREAT day!

4 comments:

  1. The masking on this page is amazing Missy! And I love that button you made with the MS punch!! She has some incredible punches!! Very cute layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've been doing with the watercolors, so neat! As always, you're the queen of bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh SO cool! I love the negative heart -- great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning! Soooo love that misted background and it is so bright and fun without being overdone, love everything!

    ReplyDelete