Saturday, May 30, 2020

Lost in Summer / Hip Kit Club

Happy Weekend!  I have a new layout to share today for Hip Kit Club :)  This is my first layout using the new 2020 May Hip Kits, and let me just say WOW!  They are sooooo good!!  As soon as I saw this Vicki Boutin sunburst paper in the Main Kit I  squealed and knew I had to use it immediately.  I originally imagined designing this page with the sunbursts situated horizontally instead of vertically.  Once I had them down, I liked the way it looked like this, so I went with it.

I began by cutting along the lines of each sunburst up to the edge of the paper.  I distressed the edges so I could curl them up and give them texture.  I wanted some of the white background to show through.  I added a few borders along the right edges of the sunbursts using a bit of black & white striped paper and some of the rainbow washi tape.  I glued the sunbursts down and then machine stitched along the edges of each one using matching thread colors.


I smudged a little bit of white gesso along the center of the sunbursts to soften up the color around the photo.  Here you can see how it's a little faded there.  I also used watered down white acrylic paint to add some splatters.


I used several of the Dear Lizzy floral and tropical leaf stickers around the photo.  I also used a bird sticker...it was just too gorgeous not to use.  I used a few of the glittery Amy Tangerine puffy stickers and some of the exclusive floral cut files this month.  I cut a few flowers on white cardstock and used them as die cuts here.


I left the bottom right area of the page white.  I created a small cluster below the title using more stickers, blue thread and more of the floral cut file pieces.


I wanted some color behind the photo, so I used the Stamp Market ink pads from the Color Kit.  I stamped the red and orange pads onto some plastic packaging.  I spritzed it with water and then smushed the plastic down.  I tend to use blue on my backgrounds when scrapping pool photos, so I thought I'd go a different route and use some warm colors.  I wanted to achieve that bold red/orange look, so I had to work with it a bit to add a few layers of color.  I also used some gelatos from my stash.  I mixed and matched the title.  I fussy cut "lost in" from a Stamp Market paper and paired it some of the pink puffy Thickers.


I layered some blue behind the photo...a Pocket Life card and a blue frame die cut.  I like how the blue separates the photo from the background colors.  I also used more of the Dear Lizzy stickers on this side.


I added a few black & white butterfly stickers from Pink Paislee around the page as well.


And here are more close-ups...I am so in love with these colors and all the texture & dimension :)




sdfg

I had so much fun making this...everything was just so gorgeous!  It was so hard to pick and choose what to use.  You really can't go wrong.  I hope you love the kits as much as I do :)

Here's my process video:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment