Monday, May 18, 2020

Aruba / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  Happy Monday :)  Here's a new layout I created for Pinkfresh Studio.  I decided to do a little mixing and matching on this page.  AND go with a monochromatic color scheme!  I try this a lot and wind up adding more colors, but I am proud to say that I successfully did it this time :D

I combined the three newest collections from Pinkfresh--Noteworthy, My Favorite Story and Super Cool.  All three have a lot of blue elements, so I sorted through them all and piled them all together.  I settled on these photos of me and my husband in Aruba a few years ago.  There are several blue shades in them, so I thought they matched well with everything.

I used white cardstock as my base, and I coated it with clear gesso first.  I used the Liquid Watercolors to create a blue background.  I used the Sky Blue, Sapphire and even some of the Licorice.  I went with a vertical stacking of the photos and basically placed all the die cuts and pieces around them.


I used stickers, die cuts, tags, chipboard frames...a little bit of everything.  This dark blue tag wound up being very versatile because I cut it up and used it in three different places.  I tucked the top part here under the photo and added some cord through the hole to make a bow.  I added some dark blue thread under this "snapshots" sticker and popped it up with adhesive foam.


How awesome are these Jewels?!  They are soooo cool!!  They come in a ton of colors.  I used all three of the blue ones. They also come in three different sizes.  I thought they made the perfect water drops on this page.  I punched a few circles from a few patterned papers and distressed the edges.  I used the Super Cool puffy alphas for my one-word title...short and sweet.


I love these fun envelope pieces from Super Cool.  I tucked the bottom photo into this one.  I used a circle chipboard frame from My Favorite Story here.   I love all this texture and dimension!


I layered a few cute cameras here from Noteworthy.  I used a few of the speech bubbles from Super Cool.


Remember the tag I mentioned earlier?  This "LOVE" piece was on it...I cut it out and used it as a die cut.  I always say there are no rules stating that you must use products as they come.  Feel free to cut it up or cut parts of it out if you want :)  #rulebreaker


More bits and pieces here from Super Cool and My Favorite Story.


More close-ups of all the blue goodness :)




Here's the third part I used from that one tag...the bottom of it.  These scallops were perfect to tuck in here on the side of the bottom photo.


Talk about sparkle and shine!  This bling is my favorite part of this!!



I was nervous at first to only use blue on this page, but I have to say I love how it turned out!  It was so fun to mix and match.  You can get entirely new looks by combining collections.  I wasn't even thinking of a beach page until I gathered everything together and noticed how they complimented my photos.  I hope you get some ideas from this :)

Here's my process video:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment