Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Hey Sugar / Hip Kit Club iNSD 2020

Hello again, friends!  It's Monday.  But during the Quarantine, does that even matter?  Regardless, I'm here to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club :)  I made this for the Mixed Media Challenge this past weekend for iNSD.  Were you able to play along with us?

I used the April 2020 Hip Kits.  I focused on all the food icons...there are a ton of cute berries, ice cream cones, lemons, etc.  Between the Sweet Story & Summer Market goodies, you can definitely create a foodie page!  I decided to play on the sweet aspect of these foods and scrap this cute picture of my daughter.  I used the Art Philosophy Watercolors from the Color Kit along with some Lindy's Gang sprays from older kits to create the background.

I decided to place the photo in the center and create two food clusters on either side.  These are a combination of stickers, puffy stickers, chipboard and die cuts.  I layered and overlapped them to create depth.


I love all these different colors!  I almost didn't include the lemons, but they were the perfect shade of yellow, so I had to :)


I applied clear gesso to the cardstock first and then used the packaging technique to apply the watercolor.  I also used a brush to blend and soften up the outside edges.  I used a few gelatos from my stash to add some of the peachy color down here.  I created a cluster of die cuts under the title with more berries and fruit.  I also wanted a pop of yellow under the photo, so I tucked in a few more lemons along with some thread.


I love the big acetate die cut!  It was perfect for a title.  I love how it looked over this coral color, and it just matched everything perfectly.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the colorful goodness!



I used a few patterned papers from the Main Kit to layer behind the photo.  I used my edge distresser to ruffle up the edges.





I hope you were able to play along with us!  So many beautiful layouts were uploaded, and I'm so happy to see so many scrappers dabbling in mixed media...yay!  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it is awesome to see some of you trying it.

I love how this page turned out, and I have a process video if you'd like to check it out:



Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful Cinco de Mayo!


No comments:

Post a Comment