Thursday, June 4, 2020

Hello Here & Now / Hip Kit Club

Happy Thursday, friends :)  Here's my latest layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2020 May Hip Kits.  I was inspired by all the orange elements in some of the papers and embellishments, so I pulled a lot of orange pieces to begin with.  I have photos of Paige in an orange & white swimsuit, and they were a perfect match.  I decided to pull in some pink, yellow and even a few touches of red to the design as well. 

I used some of the light pink cardstock as my background (which is really hard to photograph).  I coated the center area with white gesso first.  I used the Stamp Market ink pads from the Color Kit to create a watercolor effect.  I stamped the pads onto some plastic, spritzed it with water and then smushed the plastic onto the paper.  It worked just like watercolors or spray inks.  I also used a brush to help spread the color around.  After that dried, I used one of the Vicki Boutin stencils with the ink pads to create a soft pattern.  I used an ink foam blending tool to smush the color over the stencil.  It worked great!


Once I decided to arrange my photos in a vertical design, I started playing around with all of the pieces.  Several of these flowers I fussy cut from patterned papers from the Main Kit.  Others I cut from Pocket Life cards.  This big yellow flower is a Vicki Boutin Let's Wander die cut.  So it was a mix and match game of using a lot of different types of pieces.  I added in some thick foam stickers from Amy Tangerine, a few stickers from Dear Lizzy, and more die cuts from Stamp Market.


Here you can see the pretty mix of light colors on the background.  I did add some gold splatters at the end using the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter spray from the  November Christmas Kits last year.  I fussy cut this orange tag from a Stamp Market paper and added some cord to finish it off.  I used a few Pocket Life cards as layers behind the photos.  And you know I added in some matching tangled thread in a several places :)


I combined this Stamp Market tag with a Dear Lizzy sticker for my title.  I popped it up with some adhesive foam.


I wound up using four tags on the page, and I added cord to all of the holes.  I think that just finishes off a tag perfectly.  Here you can see the layers behind and around the photo.


I fussy cut these cut pink flowers from a Pocket Life card.  I love how the pink looks on top of that bright orange flower.


I used my gold metallic pen for the journaling since I had pops of gold everywhere else.


And a few more close ups from different angles :)






I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try with your May Hip Kits!  I love how it turned out, and it was a lot of fun to make.

Be sure to check out my process video to see how I made this from start to finish:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm a HUGE fan of your artistry and the pages you create! I have never used glue when I am creating pages. It appears to be a much more efficient adhesive than what I'm using. Can you share the type of glue and the applicator (bottle with super fine tip) you use? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete