Saturday, May 2, 2020

Love Happy Sunshine / Paige Evans DT iNSD 2020

Happy InterNational Scrapbooking Day!  Yayyyyyy!!  Also, it's the perfect day to announce that my YouTube Channel is FINALLY BACK!!  Yes!  All my older videos are still there!  I have the process video for this up TODAY....WOO HOOO!!!

So all day long over on Paige's Happy Scrappy Place FB Group you'll find a ton of hourly challenges lasting all day!  She's giving away free cut files all day long, too!  My challenge is to incorporate some MIXED MEDIA on your project.  No surprise there, right?  Haha!

I used all Bloom Street products for this layout.  I began with the Bloom Street Stamps.  I used the cute little sunshine stamp with some Distress Oxides to create a rainbow of suns horizontally across the page.  When water hits the oxides, they instantly bleed and become watercolor-like.  I applied clear gesso down first, and the colors just spread and blended so easily and beautifully! 


The background really didn't take that long.  The water and the ink do all the work.  Once it dried, I sorted through all the Bloom Street embellishments and chose lots of flowers, leaves and hearts that matched each color.  I wanted to mostly add things in the same color family, in a tone-on-tone fashion.  I used some of the Ephemera Die Cuts, Floral Die Cuts...I also used some of the floral and leaf sequins and rhinestones from the Embellishments pack.


I fussy cut LOVE from a patterned paper and created a little floral and leaf cluster under it.  I made this part of the title and added in a few Cardstock Stickers and some yellow thread.  I popped a lot of this up with adhesive foam for dimension.


I seriously love making rainbow layouts!  I just love all the bright colors together.  Here you can see how cool the stamping looks.  The oxides stamp really well, and they activate with water perfectly.  Here I added a floral and leaf cluster on top of the photo and layered a sticker under it.  It's from the 4-page Sticker Book.  Those tiny butterflies are from one of the Washi Tape rolls from Bloom Street.  I stuck it to some white cardstock and then cut them out to make tiny "die cuts."


Pink!  Sigh.....it will always be a favorite!  And I love how this transitions into the orange and yellow colors.


So I didn't like that there was so much WHITE at the top and the bottom of the page.  I wanted to add something, but I didn't want it to be something that would clash with the stamping and flowers.  I decided to stitch!  I pulled out all the thread colors from the rainbow and just made what looks like butterfly trails all across the top area.  I love how whimsy it turned out!  And it adds great texture yet doesn't overshadow the main part of the page.


The sewing isn't perfect, but who cares, right?!  Haha!  I added in more die cuts over here, and I fussy cut "everyday magic" from a patterned paper.



More close-ups of all the rainbow goodness!




I want to print this close-up out and just frame it so I can stare at it every day :)


I hope this inspires you on this wonderful day of scrapbooking...woo hoo!  Please come join us HERE to play along all day long. 

Here's my process video for this...YEAH!!  It feels so good to have my channel back again!!



Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Scrapping!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you have your YouTube channel back. I have missed your videos which I find so inspiring. Love this layout and am going to try out this technique with one stamp and distress oxide inks today. The effect is beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete