Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sun + Fun / Citrus Twist Kits Guest Designer

Happy Sunday, friends!  I wanted to share another layout I created as the April Guest Designer for Citrus Twist Kits.  I made this using the Make it a Venti Kit along with some pieces from the Scrapbooking Add-On Kit.  This butterfly cut file is also from Citrus Twist.  I loved the rainbow colored papers in the kit, and so I decided to use some of each of them to create some rainbow butterflies.  I cut the butterfly cut file on white cardstock, and then traced each one on a different patterned paper.  I cut them out and glued them down in the centers of the cut file butterflies.

I also used white cardstock as my background, and I created some watercolor effects on that using some of my Shimmerz sprays in a variety of rainbow colors.  I thought this photo of my daughter in a rainbow swim suit was perfect!


Butterflies are so fun to embellish with because they make it easy to create dimension with the wings.  I lightly glued down the centers, and then machine stitched through them.  This allowed me to bend up the wings.  I love how you can still see the outline of the butterflies under the solid ones.  I used some of the Maggie Holmes Sunny Days collection here for layers along with some tangled thread from my stash.


I took lots of photos of the butterflies :)  Here you can see where I smudged a little bit of white gesso on them to give them a bit of a color variation.  I also splattered some watered down white acrylic paint.


I added in some heart stickers from the kit as well.  Some are epoxy/puffy and some are regular stickers...all from Maggie Holmes.


I mixed and matched my title here using some of the tall skinny Thickers and some of the exclusive puffy alphas.  One of my favorite things about Citrus Twist Kits is the exclusive stamp sets!  I adore these cute phrases here.  They add the perfect little touch!


These "Summer" alphas are also exclusive to the kits.  I used a piece of Maggie Holmes washi tape here above the photo as well as another cute stamp.


Here are a few more close-ups of all the fun details!




I hope this inspires you in some way...it sure was fun to put together.  Have you tried Citrus Twist Kits yet?  They really do have some beautiful products, and their exclusive goodies are always amazing!

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment