Thursday, April 18, 2019

Adore This / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  Today I'm sharing another new layout for the Pinkfresh Studio Design Team.  I used the beautiful Joyful Day collection, I decided to go floral for this page.  I used a few of the patterned papers to back the flowers of this pretty cut file from Just Nick Studio.  Again, I used mixed media on a white cardstock background.  I began with gesso and then used the Liquid Watercolors to create a big wash of light blue.  I splattered in a few other colors, but I wanted to mainly have a lot of blue behind the flowers.


I love backing cut files!  It does take a bit of time, but it's always worth the awesome results.  I used a few circle punches with the patterned papers to create centers for the flowers.  I roughed up the edges using an edge distresser and then added adhesive foam behind the cut file and the circles.


Again, I mixed and matched my title using more of the puffy word stickers and puffy alphas.  I also added in a cute floral puffy sticker and leaf stem.


I did add in some matching colors of tangled thread in a few areas around the page.


I love overlapping pieces on top of my photo when the photo allows, and this photo was perfect to tuck under right here.  I also overlapped the title a bit on to of the photo.


I added more florals to the left of the photo with a chipboard sticker, a few die cuts and a puffy sticker.  I wanted all the main colors of the layout to be in that cluster.


Here's one more look at all the pretty flowers & papers!


Have you played with the Liquid Watercolors yet?  It's fun to mix and match them and come up with that perfect shade to match :)


This was fun to make, and I consider it a pretty simple layout (for me, anyway...haha....you know I tend to spend way too much time on one single page).  If you want to see more of the details, be sure to check out my process video.  I hope you are inspired!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment