Saturday, April 13, 2019

All This Sass / Hip Kit Club

It's the weekend...yay!  I wanted to share my newest layout today for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2019 March Hip Kits.  I was inspired by the 2x2 Paper Pads that are included in the 2019 April Kits (shipping now!), and I decided to punch some squares.  I used a 2-inch square punch and used several papers from the Main Kit that I hadn't used yet.  I tend to shy away from bold greens and darker blues, but I love how they looked mixed in with all these other colors.  I also punched a few Pocket Life Cards.  I used some of the Turquoise Mist cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I used all three Lindy’s Stamp Gang sprays from the Color Kit as well.


I love how this color scheme turned out.  It’s a bit different from what I usually gravitate to, but the mix of them all was fun to put together.  I glued them into lines, machine stitched through them with gold thread and then bent up some of the edges to create some dimension.


I coated a lot of the background with some white gesso first.  I used the packaging technique and a brush to apply the Lindy’s sprays.  I also used  a few Shimmerz from previous Color Kits.  I used lots of hearts to embellish around the page.  Some are from Crate Paper Sunny Days and some are exclusive die cuts & epoxy heart stickers.


This fun “The Best Ever” sticker is from the exclusive sticker sheet, and it was the perfect size to add into a line of squares.  I added some adhesive foam under it as well as some pink thread.


I mixed and matched my title using some of the mint Doodlebug Alphas and some of the black Thickers.  This title makes me smile, especially with this photo of Paige.  She was walking towards me in the kitchen with her arms outstretched like a little zombie and I was walking backwards snapping photos.  Her little spunky personality is infectious!  I did trace around the mint alphas with a black pen to make them stand out a bit more against the background.


Here I added in more stickers, die cuts and puffy stickers.  I’m usually not a huge grass green fan, but matching it with these other colors made me really like it.  These die cuts and puffy stickers were designed by Kim Watson, and the butterfly is from the Sunny Days sticker sheet.


Here’s another angle of the fun dimension.  I love the texture on the cardstock!


After I glued down these Doodlebug alphas, I realized they were going downhill.  This is why I use a ruler...to make them straight.  Of course I didn't do that this time and they were crooked!  So I had to carefully peel them up and fix them.


More details.  I just love those tiny epoxy heart stickers!


One final close-up here of the bottom cluster.  I used more punched squares and a cute green camera.  I popped it up with some foam and added thread under it.  I then created a little group of hearts above it.


I really loved putting this together.  I love a good challenge to do something outside of your comfort zone, and this did it.  I was skeptical at first, but I really like the end result.  You can see how I put this together here in my process video:



Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a fantastic weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment