Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Paige / Hip Kit Club

Happy Tuesday, friends!  I'm really excited to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club today!  It's my first page using the new 2019 April Hip Kits.  I can't say enough about the gorgeous bright colors and fun patterns.  I have to point out my most favorite thing this month...the stunning exclusive stencil in the Color Kit designed by Paige Evans!  It's truly amazing.  There are also three Magical Powders from Lindy's Stamp Gang in the Color Kit, and combined with this stencil....omg!  Check out my page and you'll see what I mean.

I started this page using the stencil.  First I did coat my thick white cardstock with clear gesso to prep the paper.  I used the Prima Art Basics Modeling Paste from a previous Color Kit over the stencil using a palette knife.  It created some awesome dimension and texture.  After that dried, I spritzed an area with water and then sprinkled a bit of the peach colored powder into the water.  I used a wet brush to spread the powder around, and as it hit the water, it spread out into all the grooves of the paste.  It was soooo cool to watch!  I did the same thing with the pink powder. You'll have to watch my video to see it in action.

I did add some blue sprays after the pink and peach were dry.  I pulled the blue Lindy's spray from last month as well as Shimmerz Frostbite from an older kit.  I am obsessed with this color scheme!


These rolled flowers were made from an exclusive cut file for this month!  The look like scalloped spirals when you cut them, and then when they're rolled up they look like this.  Sooooo pretty!!  I made some from one of the periwinkle papers from Horizon and then a few pink ones from cardstock.  I embellished here with lots of goodies...mostly from Horizon.  I used some floral stickers and die cuts, and I also fussy cut a few florals and a heart from the Horizon 2x2 Paper Pad.


Look at this texture...LOVE!  I decided to add in a few little pops of lime green using some leaf die cuts, and to add some down below the photo I used some tangled thread from my stash.  Behind my photo I layered in some tissue paper and a few Pocket Life cards.


All of these flowers here are from the Horizon collection...isn't Paige Evans a genius?!  I even layered a few of them on top of the photo.  I added a few enamel dots from Shimelle's Sparkle City collection and a few exclusive puffy stickers.


I am loving these rolled flowers!  They make the perfect embellishments.  These phrase stickers here are from the Dear Lizzy sticker sheet.  My title is made from the exclusive acetate alpha set...there are even more colors!  I am loving how awesome they look on top of white.


I have gushed enough....haha!  Here are a few more close ups of all the gorgeous colors and textures!






I know I say this a lot, but I truly loved making this page!  You must get your hands on that stencil...it's so detailed and gorgeous.  I can't wait to use it again!  Make sure you check out my process video to see all the details.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment