Monday, April 1, 2019

NEW Shimmerz April Missy Whidden Color Kit + a Layout

Happy April, friends!  I'm so excited to share the Shimmerz Paints April Missy Whidden Kit with you!  It's so pretty, and I hope you'll love what we've put together!  Take a look:

The April Kit includes:

  • Vibez Jeni B Bleu
  • Creameez 1 Hot Mama
  • Inklingz Honey Do List
  • Shimmerz Bumbly Bee
  • Exclusive Paige Evans Butterfly Cut Fil
  • Six Exclusive Shimmerz Dotz


I was so excited to work with this kit, and here is what I made.  I first cut the cut file on white cardstock.  I wanted it to take up a lot of room on the background.  I used white as my background to really let all of the colors shine.  I only used the four colors from the Kit on this.

I used a few patterned papers from Heidi Swapp, Vicki Boutin and Paige Evans to back some of the butterflies.  I wanted to leave a lot of them open so the colors on the background would show through.  I first coated the background with clear gesso to prime it.  Once it dried, I used some plastic packaging to apply some of the color.  I spread all four colors around so they would show behind the cut file.


Since the cut file took up so much room and was rather busy, I went small and discreet with the title.  I fussy cut "today" from a Paige Evans Horizon paper and finished the title with some Pinkfresh Studio Puffy Alphas.  Here you can see one of the beautiful Dotz.  I decided to add a few more butterflies...I simply colored some of the butterfly shapes that came out of the cut file.


I wanted to raise the cut file up off the page, so I did add some adhesive foam behind it.  I love the dimension it creates!


I first planned on using a black & white photo, but I changed my mind and went for a pool picture.  I'm so glad I did because it matches perfectly.  There was a lot of open space on the left side, so I added a Dotz and more of the colored butterflies.  I also tucked in some matching tangled thread.


Here are some more photos of the beautiful colors.  Here you can see how the Honey Do List and Bumbly Bee really shine in the light.


The shimmer factor of some of the colors might be affected if you add a lot of water to them.  I did water down some of this Jeni B Bleu, and it did dull the sparkle just a bit.  But I was mainly going for the color here, so that was okay with me.






One last close-up of the colors, and another Dotz.


I hope this inspires you in some way!  This Kit is awesome and perfect for Spring.  It is on sale now, and you can get it HERE.

Be sure to check out my process video to see all the details of the Kit and my layout:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!!


2 comments:

  1. Shimmer paints are the best! So beautiful creation.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail." (Source: Stampiljke )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my first kit so much that I couldn't wait to purchase this one!!!! Gorgeous layout as always <3

    ReplyDelete