Friday, January 16, 2015

Wonderful Things Will Happen / My Scraps & More

Happy Friday, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a layout I created for last week's Word Up Wednesday Challenge over on our boards.  It was a simple challenge...to use the word "Wonderful" on your layout.  If you have the gorgeous Stitched collection from Amy Tan, this is pretty easy since this sticker is what inspired me for the challenge.

I started off by using a fun die cut from The Cut Shoppe.  I backed all those little plus signs with patterned paper and then stitched through some of them.  I took some old Cosmo Cricket sentiment stickers and used them in place of journaling.  This title made me think of little pieces of advice I'd like to give my daughter, so that's the idea I had in mind when using those.


These fun transparent alpha stickers are part of the collection, and they come in several color.  I think they really stand out, especially up against the black.  I adhered the sticker to some white cardstock and just cut it out and raised it up.


Lots of fun embellishments in this collection...die cuts, fabric stickers and puffy stickers!  What's not to love?!


Here's another close up of the stitching and layering.  If you don't have a sewing machine, I highly recommend one...and believe me, if I can use it and not mess it up, anyone can!  Haha :D


Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you'll check out what's going on the store these days...and stay tuned for lots of new goodies coming in soon!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite backgrounds.......evah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible!! Love your background work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pops of patterned paper behind the Black patterned paper Missy! Such a fun way to use the cut file!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun, Missy! What a great way to use up those pretty, little scraps, too!

    ReplyDelete