Friday, January 30, 2015

Summer Love / The Cut Shoppe

Hey there, friends!  Even though it's January, I have been in the mood to scrap Summer pictures.  I have so much Summer stash on my shelves, so I pulled out my Echo Park stack and came up with this bright and fun layout for my latest project over at The Cut Shoppe.

I used both my Cameo sketch pens and the blade on this layout.  I used the Totally Triangles and Word Art cut files shown here.



I started with white cardstock.  I shrunk the Totally Triangles cut file down and traced it with my black sketch pen.  Then I covered the whole design with clear gesso and then used a blue watercolor marker and some water to messily color in the triangles.  I layered some patterned papers under the photo, added some white gesso & watercolors and finished the cluster off with some flair pins, stickers and thread.

I cut LOVE from the Word Art file and decided to place it vertically.  I found some awesomely bright rub-ons in my stash and they adhered perfectly over the cut file.  That was a pleasant surprise because you know how tricky old rub-ons can be.


Here's a close up of what the sketch pens can do.  Instant patterned paper!  And you can shrink the files or blow them up...so many possibilities!


I just LOVE this cut file!  I made it rather large for this particular design.  I also decided my journaling needed to be vertical as well.


One more close up...I just love all the rainbow colors!  They all matched the colors in my daughter's swim suit so perfectly.


I hope this gives you some ideas on using the sketch pens.  They really are fun and can give you a completely different look.



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!! The word files are unique and refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of the sketch pens and watercolor Missy!! And the vertical title and journaling adds such a fun look to your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet page, Missy! Love what you've done with that cut file, and your row of flair buttons is too fun! You're such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete