Monday, January 26, 2015

My first Shimmerz layout!

Hello and Happy Monday, friends!  Today I'm sharing my very first project as a Design Team Member for the awesome Shimmerz team! I had so much fun working with these bright and fun products.  I just had to go bright for my first layout :)  This was up on the blog HERE last Wednesday.

I absolutely LOVE rainbows, and I love creating backgrounds with the amazing colors in them.  There are tons of colors and textures to choose from in the Shimmerz family, and I used several of them here.  To create my background, I started with white cardstock and my small square acrylic stamping block.  I simply used it as a stamp.  It's really easy and you get a somewhat square yet messy watercolor effect.  Depending on the product you're using, either spray or spread it onto the block, turn it over and just press it down onto the paper.  I used Coloringz and Vibez to create most of my squares.  For an even cooler look, squirt two colors on at the same time!


I used a very old Crafter's Workshop stencil to create these blue lines, using a palette knife and Dazzlerz in Gummy Berry Blue.  Such great texture and color!  I am obsessed with machine stitching these days, so I added lots of that in as well as some American Crafts stickers and embellishments and this cute flair pin from A Flair for Buttons.


Isn't this orange color gorgeous?  That's the Mandarin Mai Tai Coloringz.  I love the look of the black stamps on top of it and the tangled thread under the photo.  Black always pops so nicely against bright colors.


Here's a close up shot of a random mix of patterned paper, washi tapes, stitching, brads, thread and lots of liquid color...that lovely green color is Hermit the Frog Vibez :)


And finally, here's a shot of the top left of the photo.  Gorgeous yellow (No Yoking Coloringz) blending with the Mandarin Mai Tai and Pretty in Pink Coloringz and a little bit of Magenta Shimmerz.  Such a gorgeous combo!


I hope this inspires you to give some of these awesome products and colors a try!  They blend so nicely together, and using the stamping block is a great way to get them to blend naturally.  Don't forget to mention my name when you place an order....you'll get some free product!  Visit the store HERE.  Woo Hoo!!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a GREAT day!

Products Used:
Dazzlerz - Gummy Berry Blue
Shimmerz - Magenta
Coloringz - Mandarin Mai Tai, No Yoking, Pretty in Pink
Vibez - Jeni B Bleu, Hermit the Frog


4 comments:

  1. These colors really pop on your layout, Missy! You rocked your first layout for the Team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colorful layout! I have a thing for rainbows too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the shimmerz team, totally fits you! Can't wait to see all that you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard but am not familiar with this company. I'll run check things out right now. Way to show 'em what you got, girl! What a brilliant start! This is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete