Monday, January 19, 2015

Best Day Ever / CREATE Magazine

Hey there, scrappy friends!  I hope you had a great weekend.  I'm sure by now you've had time to sit and look at the January issue of Scrapbook Generation's CREATE Magazine.  I'm so lucky to be on the design team along with a bunch of other fabulously talented ladies.  This issue features 303 pages of amazing crafty inspiration!  You can download it HERE.  I have a few projects published in there, and today I wanted to share one of them with you.

Jillibean Soup is the featured manufacturer this month, and so I joined in and made a layout using JS products.  These papers and embellishments are all super bright, so I decided to scrap a few photos of a trip to Legoland we took a few years ago.

I started by adding a few long strips of patterned paper onto white cardstock.  I added a bit of washi tape, some distress ink through a stencil, some watercolor and some machine stitching.  I built the layers under my photos on top of all of that with more patterned papers.  I just LOVE the wooden nickels...they are kind of like a cross between big buttons and flair pins.


Here you can see the distress inks and watercolor really well.  I also used some JS stamps on this layout.  The title is also JS...I just messily traced the edges with a black pen.


The JS place mats are fun to use.  I inked this one green.  I love the extra pizzazz they add to a design.


One more close up of the top half.  For the most part, I like to journal right onto my background.  I also added some black splatters around the page.


Be sure to check out the magazine if you haven't yet...it looks amazing!

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Love the texture and color on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the awesome happy colors on this layout, Missy!! This one is a new favorite!!

    ReplyDelete