Sunday, January 18, 2015

Creative Scrappers Sketch 286 - The Final Sketch

Hey there, friends!  I'm so sad that this is the very last reveal from Creative Scrappers :(  Kristine has decided to close up shop to take a break and pursue other things.  I can definitely understand how busy life can be, and I wish her nothing but happiness in her future endeavors.  She is amazing, and I have truly enjoyed being on her team for the past year.  Thanks, Kristine, for allowing me to design for you! 

With that being said, here is the final sketch...


And here is what I created.  I had the My Mind's Eye Jubilee Wild Berry out on my desk, so I decided to use it.  I love all the paper strips this sketch has, and it made it really easy to design this.  Now you're probably asking what does Mega Q mean? I'm teach a class at the gym called Body Pump.  It's by a company named Les Mills.  Every few months they hold big quarterly events for instructors all around the world.  Sometimes they're called Mega Quarterly, other times Super Quarterly.  It's a really fun time for everyone to get together and basically work out for an entire weekend!  Trainers and presenters from around the globe come and put on all the different programs.  This is me with one of the Pump trainers from New Zealand.  He is on several of our instructor DVDs, so it was really cool to meet him in person.  Now if you aren't into exercise, you probably think I'm nuts!  I just love working out, and doing fun classes in a room with 1,000 other people is really cool :)

Anyway, I went through the collection and picked out random papers and just cut them into strips.  I wanted to add some watercolor, so I smudged some gesso on first.  Not only does this give the watercolor somewhere to settle without warping the papers, but it also fades out some of the pattern.  You can also get clear gesso if you want the pattern to show through.


I added a few fun flair pins and some thread up at the top along with a banner stamp and some stitching.


Here you can see the overlapping strips....such an easy way to add lots of color and pattern.  That arrow paper clip is from Freckled Fawn.


Here you can see the difference with the gesso and watercolor added.  That big "awesome" is a giant rub-on.  These MME rub-ons go on really smoothly.


I hope you'll play along with us for the last sketch!  The prize from SpeigelMom Scraps is still up for grabs!

Thanks to Kristine and Creative Scrappers for many years of amazing sketches and inspiration!  You will be missed.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. You rocked the final sketch, Missy! Love the fun mix of paper strips at the bottom of your page!!

    ReplyDelete