Sunday, November 1, 2020

Cozy Days Together / Hip Kit Club

Hello yet again!  I've been so busy with layouts this week!  Here's my first layout using the 2020 October Hip Kits.  These kits are full of Simple Stories and Pebbles goodies as well as some exclusives from Hip Kit Club.  I used one of those exclusive papers for my background here, and I added lots of yellow color using the Lindy's Gang Magical Powders (and sprays from older kits).

I also used an exclusive cut file to start my design.  I cut it twice on two different patterned papers and layered them together a little off center.  I added the color in a circular pattern so it would show behind the cut file.

To add some interest and dimension to the cut file, I smudged some white gesso on it first.  Then I used a brush and some of the Autumn Maple Crimson & Red Hot Poker Orange Magical Powders to add some color variation.  One it dried, I glued the two layers together, glued them to the background and then machine stitched through the wreath using metallic gold thread.

For this yellow section of the background, I used the Marigold Yellow Orange Magical Powder mixed with some yellow Lindy's sprays from older kits.  I embellished on top of the wreath using some flower die cuts and stickers from the kits. I added some adhesive foam behind some of them to raise them up off the page, and I tucked some orange thread under them for some added color & texture.
As part of this side cluster, I created a smaller secondary title using the gold Thicker phrases.  I toned down the shine factor by smudging some white gesso over the letters.  I also added a few Simple Stories phrase stickers.
I used a large Simple Stories foam word Sticker as a big title piece.  It was black, so I decided to change the color of it.  I coated it with white gesso and then used a mix of gold ink spray and the Magical Powders to make it look metallic.  I love how it goes so much better with the page this way!
I used a large Simple Stories chipboard frame under my photo.  I cut the large flower here from a different frame and attached it to this frame because it matched my color scheme better.  Always feel free to cut and paste embellishments to suit your current project :)
More flowers, leaves, thread and stickers here...

Here's a good shot of the title that I altered.  I layered in some pink and orange thread under this big sticker to make it stand out a little more.

I really love how this page turned out!  I hope it inspires you in some way.  The October Kits are really pretty and they have a lot of possibilities!

Here's my process video:


Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a great day!  And Happy November...wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment