Thursday, November 19, 2020

Feelin' Festive / Pinkfresh Studio

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Pinkfresh Studio.  I was so excited to crack open the new Oh What Fun! collection.  It has so many fun Christmas and holiday goodies in it, and there was so much to choose from.  I decided to go somewhat traditional and use lots of red and green.  I mixed in some dark blue, which I think was the perfect addition.

I used two patterned papers for the background.  I tore a big chunk of the green paper and glued it to the white paper.  I used a lot of white gesso to coat the background...mostly to prep it for watercolors, but also to fade out some of the color and pattern.  I love doing that--especially on Christmas pages.  It gives it that "snowy" look.  

I used a mix of the Sapphire and Licorice Liquid Watercolors to create this navy blue color.  I just used a brush to apply it.  I used the Heather Lowercase Dies to create this title...I absolutely love how these letters look!  You get the letter from the cut, but also the outline.  I used the outline here, and it's so cool!  I love how it looks against the blue.  I used textured white cardstock for that. 

I spent some time going through all the embellishments...tons of die cuts, puffy stickers, chipboard stickers...you name it.  I chose some cute Christmas trees and a few phrase pieces to add here.  I did pop my photos up with some adhesive foam to give them some dimension off the page.
I created a little cluster down below the title using chipboard, puffy stickers, cardstock stickers, some dark blue thread and my favorite...the Essentials Jewels & Crystals.  They give the perfect sparkle to any project.  I used some red, green and clear pieces here.
I love how this area turned out.  I tucked in a bigger tree die cut to break up the line of photos.  This "magic" die cut was too perfect to not use here.  I tucked in a poinsettia and leaf die cut under it along with some dark blue thread.  And how cute is this string of lights?  Love all of this.
I layered a few stickers and die cuts under the photos to give the hint of color behind them.  Just the little slivers of color make the photos stand out so much more.
More thread and bling here at the top :)  I did add some white acrylic paint splatters around the page.  It's the easiest and quickest way to create "snow."  Even though we live in Florida, I still like to make it snow...haha.
Here are a few more shots of all the details :)




I really love how this turned out!  I hope it gives you some ideas to try on your next page.  If you're looking for an amazing Christmas collection, this is it!  

Be sure to check out my process video to see how I created it:


Thank you for stopping by!  See you yet again tomorrow...woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment