Saturday, November 21, 2020

Making Memories / Hip Kit Club

It's Saturday...yay!  Today I'm sharing another layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2020 October Hip Kits.  I started this page wanting to use lots of blue, but I wound up adding in several more colors :)  I used a light blue cardstock background, and I cut an exclusive cut file on the same color cardstock for a tone-on-tone effect.  I picked out the blue flower die cuts from Pebbles and started to work on a design.

I covered a lot of the cardstock with white gesso to prep it for some color.  I decided to add a contrasting color to break up the blue.  I used a few of the Lindy's Magical Powders from the Color Kit.  I added lots of layers of color since it tends to lighten up quite a bit when activated on top of the gesso.  I did pull in a few Shimmerz sprays that we received in older Color Kits as well.

I added in lots of flowers and leaves here around the photos.  Some of these are die cuts, some are stickers, some are puffy stickers.  I even fussy cut a few from patterned papers.  You can't go wrong with flowers, right?


I added some blue and gold splatters to finish off the background.  I used a few of the metallic gold house die cuts in a few places and tucked in some colored threads.
I used a Simple Stories puffy sticker as a layer here.  I just wanted a bit of that blue color showing.  Then I added a few of the stickers from the Simple Stories sticker book.
I did a layer a few patterned papers behind the photos as well for small pops of color.
I wanted to separate the photos so I could put the title in between them, but I couldn't figure out what to put the title on to make it stand out.  I decided on adding a tag that I fussy cut from a Simple Stories paper.  It created some white space and would allow the title to be nice and clear.
I always like to add some cord or ribbon to my tags to give them a finished look.



I used some of the shiny gold puffy Thickers for the title, and I love how it fit perfectly here.  I angled it slightly and used the open space around it to tuck in a few more small flowers.

And one more just because :)

Although this didn't turn out to be my most favorite layout I've ever made, I still like how it turned out.  The background was a struggle, but I wound up liking how it looked with everything placed back on top of it.  I hope you at least got an idea or two to try on your next page :)


No comments:

Post a Comment