Saturday, November 28, 2020

Home Gather Together / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I wanted to share my most recent layout for Hip Kit Club.  This will wrap up my projects featuring the 2020 October Hip Kits, which were full of Fall colors and patterns.  For this page, I decided to use some of the patterned papers I hadn't torn into yet.  I used various sized punches to create a lot of circles to start my design.  I like using punches like this because you can get lots of papers on your layout without it being too much.  

Once I had the circles & photos arranged, I went to work on the background.  I used thick smooth white cardstock, and I coated it with clear gesso to begin.  I used a few of the Lindy's Gang Magical Powders from the Color Kit to create a pretty orange watercolor area that would show behind the circles and photos. 

 

I really wanted to use this Simple Stories chipboard banner, so I made sure to incorporate that into my design.  I moved it around a few places before deciding to add it to the side here.  I used some of the metallic gold Thickers for my large title, which fit nicely between the photos.  I muted the gold a bit by smudging some white gesso over the letters.  I used more of the Simple Stories stickers and brads around the page as well.

I used these word stickers from the Simple Stories Sticker Book to add a little something on top of the banner.  I did pop the banner up a bit off the page with some adhesive foam.  I love how that creates shadows.
I wanted the circles to have a faded and weathered effect, so I smudged white gesso over them.  I used more Simple Stories stickers here as well as a few smaller gold Thicker words.  The cute brown hearts are the Amy Tangerine paper clips.
I tucked in some burnt orange thread and added even more stickers here and there.  I did add white tissue paper and adhesive foam behind my photos to create some dimension.
I went back and forth about the title area, but I liked how these big letters looked the most.  Plus they matched the message my photos give...being all together at home :)
I used two of the Amy Tangerine paper clips here, which I just tucked behind the photo.  I used this cute "grateful" sticker from Pebbles here above the photo.
Here are a few more photos of all the details :)

I did add some gold splatters at the end using the Jen Hadfield Gold Glitter Spray from last year's Christmas Kits.

I hope this inspires you in some way today.  I had fun putting it together and working with the circles.  They are my go-to shape when I'm on the hunt for an idea.  Be sure to check out my process video for all the details:


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi missy
    Thanks for your beautiful inspiration!
    Would you please show a quick video of how you get the scotch tacky glue into the fine liner bottle?

    ReplyDelete