Friday, November 20, 2020

Together With You / Shimmerz Paints

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm here today with a new layout for Shimmerz Paints featuring lots of yummy colors :)  I began this page with the Remember Floral cut file from Just Nick Studio.  I decided to make a layout "from scratch," which means I start with white cardstock and make the paint the focal point.  I felt like painting, so I grabbed several pinks and oranges and added lots of color behind the flowers.

Colors Used:

 
I cut the flowers on textured white cardstock.  The background is thick smooth Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock.  I coated it with clear gesso to start.  I lightly traced the flowers in pencil so I'd know where to paint.  I just went for it...mixing all the colors to create lots of lights and darks.  I did use water to lighten up certain areas.  I wanted this to look messy and abstract, and I wanted the colors to run out from the cut file shapes.

 

Once I had most of the color down, I sorted through some collections and embellishments and pulled out some Cocoa Vanilla Unforgettable goodies.  I used a few flower die cuts in a few places, and I also used a few Tim Holtz floral metal dies to cut a few flower shapes from patterned paper.

I popped up some of the flowers to create some dimension and scattered the smaller ones here and there around the page.  I did not pop the cut file up..it was just too thin, so I glued it flat to the background.
I used some Crate Paper Marigold stickers here for the title.  I went simple with it, and I embellished around it with some messy machine stitching.
I did tuck in some Cocoa Vanilla grey leaf stem die cuts in a few places.
Here you can see how wonderfully these colors blend together.  Shimmerz always give you guaranteed pop of beautiful color.  One note here...you might lose a bit of the shimmer if you dilute these with water.  They're still shimmery, but just a little less because I mixed in the water.
I layered some CVS patterned papers behind the photo as well as some white tissue paper and some adhesive foam.
Here are even more close-ups because I go way overboard...haha :D
I did add some other clear stickers from Crate Paper and Simple Stories.



I hope this inspires you in some way today!  It's fun to start with just white paper and turn into something unique and colorful.  Be sure to check out the process video for this layout over on the Shimmerz YouTube channel!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment