Friday, September 25, 2020

Wild and Free / Paige Evans DT

It's the weekend...yay!  Here's my newest layout for the Paige Evans Design TeamI used Paige's gorgeous new Go the Scenic Route collection. I can’t get enough of all the gorgeous rich colors! I also used Paige’s Wild & Free cut file and her Leopard Print Stencil. I went with a rainbow color scheme again because I couldn’t narrow it down…haha. 

I wanted to create a “wild” theme to match my wild child, so I chose the cut file to use as a large title element. I cut it on textured white cardstock and then traced the letters on Paper 21 and cut them out. I popped the cut file up off the page with adhesive foam and placed the rainbow letters inside each space creating a shadow effect. I used thick smooth white cardstock as the base and I coated it with clear gesso first. I used modeling paste over the Leopard Print Stencil. Once that dried, I used a mix of Distress Oxides and Shimmerz to create matching watercolor areas.

I can never get enough of these beautiful colors!  I love how the leopard print looks with the oxides over it...subtle but still striking.
I added some tissue paper behind my photos and popped them up with some adhesive foam.  I love that the 6x8 Paper Pad gives you the smaller versions of the larger papers.  Perfect for fussy cutting and adding tiny flowers or butterflies!
I'm really loving how these bright colors look against navy blue.  They just pop so nicely. 
The paste creates such a fun and bumpy texture and it’s so neat to watch the colors spread over and around it. I tried to create a tone-on-tone effect with the letters and the background. I fussy cut several smaller butterflies from the 6x8 Paper Pad as well as a cute little bird. I also used several Cardstock Stickers and a flower from the Ephemera Die Cuts.
This here is a mix of chipboard stickers, cardstock stickers, die cuts and fussy cut flowers.  Mixing and matching is my favorite!


I wanted some cute animals on this page and the birds are just gorgeous! I added a few from the Cardstock Stickers right on top of the cut file. The bright colors just pop right off the page. I love the watercolor feel from Paper 21.
I created a small flower cluster down at the bottom on the blue area. These colors show up so nicely against the darker blues. I used a mix of a Cardstock Sticker, a Puffy Phrase Thicker, and several fussy cut flowers from the 6x8 Paper Pad. I finished it off with some dark blue tangled thread.
Here are a few more close-ups of all the details :)


I hope this inspires you in some way.  I honestly can’t get enough of the Go the Scenic Route collection and I am instantly inspired every time I pull it out. If you love rainbows, this collection is perfect and makes it very easy to create with that color scheme. 

 Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out:

 



Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment