Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Down at the Lake / Shimmerz Paints

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm back today with a new fall mixed media layout for Shimmerz Paints using lots of beautiful Shimmerz goodies :)  I decided to pull out some of my older stash and used the 2016 Simple Stories Hello Fall collection.  I had just the right colors of paint to match the pretty flowers.  I also wanted to use a patterned paper background instead of white cardstock to show that Shimmerz look awesome on anything!

Shimmerz Used:

I started by fussy cutting the flower clusters from a patterned paper.  Once I had them arranged around my photo, I smudged white gesso to the background...mostly on the left side.  I wanted to mimic the photo and create the illusion of a sky and grass.  I used the sprays to create the blue and green areas by spraying them directly to the page and using a brush and a bit of water to help spread around the color.

I love how this green looks with these flowers.  I popped up most of the flower clusters and smudged a bit of white gesso on some of them to distress them a little.
This blue is gorgeous...look at the shimmer.  I decided to create some of my own flowers, so I pulled out an old Fancy Pants stamp and painted them with Shimmerz.  They created some messy circle flowers, which I cut out.  This is an easy way to add something unique to a layout if you're using a lot of patterned paper.  I like to add something "homemade." I wanted to add some sparkle, so I glued down some of the Pinkfresh Studio Essentials Jewels and Crystals, which are kind of like small rhinestones.

I tucked in more of my homemade flowers and also some matching colors of thread.



I used a combo of the Simple Stories alphas with some older gold Thickers to create the title.  I toned down the shine on "the lake" buy smudging some white gesso over the letters.  I also added in a few matching stickers. 

I created a matching cluster to the right of the title area using more of the patterned paper flowers, thread and a homemade flower.
One more just because :)

I hope this inspires you to create a fall layout using Shimmerz!  I really love how this turned out, and it was fun to dig through my Shimmerz stash to find the matching colors for this collection.


Be sure to check out my process video here:

 


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment