Monday, September 7, 2020

This Was Fun / Pinkfresh Studio September Challenge

Hey, friends!  Happy Monday :)  The Pinkfresh Studio September Challenge is up, and I wanted to share it with you.  It's all about RAINBOWS...and you don't have to tell me twice.  I love making rainbow pages!  Go here to join the challenge.


I decided to go rainbow crazy creating a stamped background.  I used the Adore Alpha Stamp Set with a rainbow variety of Pinkfresh Studio Ink Cubes.  I used thick smooth white cardstock as the background, and I did coat it with clear gesso first.  I stamped LOVE over and over using all the colors.  I used a water brush to blur all the edges, making all of the words bleed and spread.  I love the "this was left out in the rain" look :)

I used a mix of embellishments from the Let's Stay Home, My Favorite Story & Noteworthy collections down at the bottom.


This looks complicated, but I promise you, it's EASY!  You just stamp and then add a bit of water over it.  After it dried, I splattered down some white acrylic paint.


I sorted through lots of stickers, chipboard, die cuts and patterned papers to chose pieces that went along with my photo and colors.  I found a great mix of goodies, and a lot of them happened to be circles.  I just kept adding things here on the side along with some colored thread in a few places.


More stickers and die cuts here...I used a light blue tag, a pink label sticker, some puffy stickers...just a mix of things.  I added some cord to the tag to give it a finished look.  I added some adhesive foam under the "togetherness" sticker.


I even used a few cute fabric bows from Let's Stay Home.  I love how all of these circles tucked in some nicely here with everything.


More stickers here at the top of the photo.  I used a few that were contrasting colors to the background here.  I used some yellow patterned paper as a layer behind my photo as well as some white tissue paper.


Lots of more close ups here of all the fun colors and details:




I used the multi-colored puffy alphas from Noteworthy for my title.




 I hope you'll join us for the challenge this month!  You can't go wrong with a rainbow color scheme.  They're my favorite!  Go HERE to play along.

Here's my process video if you'd like to watch this layout come together:



Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment